Discussion: Teenage driving/riding motorbikes

Opinions on teenage driving

So… i wanted to talk about teenage driving and stuff and also see your perspective of it. In my country, a lot of boys at my school (age 15-16) ride motorbikes without license and some happen to be in accidents. For example my old elemenary classmate was riding a motorbike and he got into an accident with his brother and he was in a bad state.

It is also said that you can get your license at 17 but i don’t really agree with it. It’s been a real problem and most of them who do that find it cool or something but in fact it’s not and end up dead instead. Let’s be real here, it’s their parents’ fault because they are the ones who let their children drive at such a young age, making them think it’s normal and cOoL.

What’s your opinion? Do you think it should be legal for teens to able to drive cars or motorbikes?

6 Likes

I think driving when you’re a teen is good so you can get better as you grow older, but I don’t think they should be able to ride motorbikes just quite yet. They should get used to driving a car before they try to drive anything else.

Cars, yes.

Motorbikes, no.

3 Likes

The laws are there for a reason. Personally? I think 18 would be a good age to set the limit. Because teenagers can say whatever they like, there’s actually scientific proof that teenagers are still developing, especially in the emotional side of things.

If you’re a teen your frontal lobe is still growing, still developing. With that amount of emotional turmoil and lack of emotional maturity especially. They shouldn’t be drinking, or driving, or making many life changing decisions that they’re gonna regret for the rest of their lives. Like, that’s just fact unfortunately

2 Likes

OOF- in my area you’re allowed to start driving at 15 and a half and I’m 15 and a half and my parents want me driving ASAP.

Sooo yeah… If I could I would wait a little bit and practice driving until I’m 18 and then get my license but… So yeah- advise?

3 Likes

I think you should tell your parents you don’t want to start driving just yet—even if you’ve already told them, keep telling them every time they pressure you to get your license. Eventually they’ll understand.

2 Likes

If you don’t feel ready, do not do it.

1 Like

Oh- I mean- I feel ready and am excited to drive but think it would be a slightly better idea to wait- but I am ready to start learning. They are kinda pressuring me to take the test to start driving- but would never pressure me into getting my license if I wasn’t ready.

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad about not wanting to start driving so soon. A lot of people wait to take to test.

1 Like

I actually am excited- I’m one of those people who want to drive in their teens. I’m ready to start learning and I think I’m ready but I’m not sure. All I’m saying is that if I didn’t have to start driving soon I would wait- I think that would be a better idea, but I do have to start driving soon and I’m excited for it!

1 Like

However, if I take start learning and don’t feel ready then I will wait- nobody is going to pressure me into driving.

1 Like

I want to drive as well but i’m kinda scared although i feel it’s not dangerous, the thing is that you drive when you turn 18

1 Like

Let’s face it, you get idiots driving at all ages, I see no issue with the age, I do however think that schools should put time and effort into educating students on how to drive and providing lessons. I started lessons when I was 17 and I was responsible, other than one speeding incident, but that was less about me and more about being stuck with an instructor who was being inappropriate.

3 Likes

Here if you dont want to take lessons, you have to wait until you’re 18.

If you want to take lessons, you can start them and start driving with a permit and parent at 14 years 8 months! And that’s exactly when I started. I did fine, but I also dont live in a big city or anything. If you dont think you can do it, dont.

You have to drive with an adult over 21 yrs old for a certain number of hours and log it and turn it in and take a test, and then you can drive alone when you’re 16 if you pass the test.

It was helpful to me because I had a job when I was 16 and had to drive there.

2 Likes

See that’s a clever way to go about it. The supervision is really good, imo, and of course outside of bigger cities makes sense. It would have been great if I could drive, my commute to my job when I was 16/17 was over an hour when it was like 15 minutes away by car >.<

1 Like

Bump

2 Likes

Nope, driving like a madman on the road is not ok. There are so many cases where teenagers die from driving. The issues is they drive too fast, ignore the rules, and they cut lines so frequently. I mean, they’re immature so I don’t think they should really drive, especially those without license.

Gosh, people should really consider the possible outcomes before doing anything…

2 Likes

Bump

The teenagers at my college drive like crazy people.

Do you guys think that the insurance for teen drivers should be so high?

1 Like

Teen drivers should be… a big no-no+no.

1 Like

I mean imma be driving soon and I’m a teen. But I’m not gonna be on my phone or anything while I’m driving, driving is stressful enough on its own lmao.

1 Like