Discussion: tHe EaRtH iS fLaT

So uhhh I don’t if y’all remember but I created a topic on “The Earth is Flat” in Episode Forums like 6 months ago lol and I decided to discuss this here!

I don’t believe the Earth is flat. “bUt @ThirstyChickenNugget, tHe SkY iS fLaT sO tHaT mEaNs ThE eArTh iS fLaT”, the sky is not flat lmao, it looks flat but it really isn’t lol. The Earth is actually an oblate spheroid because it is flattened at the poles and bulging in the equator lol.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t think that the Earth is flat, I mean we have sent out satellites and stuff out in space and they’ve shown that it’s not flat lol

1 Like

Lmao ikr :joy::joy::joy:

I find the idea stupid lol

1 Like

I don’t think the earth is flat- but people who believe that question everything and they think satallite footage is fake. I watched a video about it and it said that what they do is question everything they’ve known about science and stuff.

Non. :green_heart:

If the Earth is flat, there will be news saying people falling out of Earth.

1 Like

This is ridiculous, the earth is not flat it’s obviously cube shaped :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol

Didn’t the flat earthers fund a research team once that should find out if the earth was flat? :eyes:
And they also wanted to travel to the south pole to prove that there’s an end there… :eyes:
Both times they found out that the earth is not flat but they still don’t believe it… :eyes::sparkles::woman_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

It’s not freakien’ flat, yo. Where are we, in some kind of minecraft world?

2 Likes

%20ok

Oh yeah remeber that. I compared it to believing in angels and someone PM me a very angry message about how dare I insult there regligion. I did not even mention a regligion

So the Earth isn’t round?

What’s interesting about flat-earthers is that they’re actually a very interestingly progressive scientific field. See, the knowledge that the earth is an oblate spheroid has been around for millennia, it’s not a new phonomenon. Ancient Mayans and Egyptians knew as much. A lot of them believed the sun revolved around the earth, but not that the earth was flat.

So they aren’t actually regressive, they want to move science forward, which is commendable. Even if said foward is like. Off the edge of a cliff

2 Likes

Also, customary joke.

The flat earth society has members all around the globe!

4 Likes

My uncle believes that its flat and he has done a lot of research, watched a lot of videos and talked about it a lot.
I believe that earth is round, but it is interesting to see his points and and views of it.

1 Like

Added a “discussion” tag!

I think that their view is interesting. I think that if you find the ones that know what they’re talking about they could make some great points… but man have I seen so many stupid points being made about this.

1 Like

Yes, making this a valid discussion is fair, I feel.

Even if there are very, very, very few good points to be made on this subject. Thank you Star o7

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t really find a good point, but I think it’s cool how they question everything and question science…

1 Like