Discussion: Toxic Masculinity

@Discussions @Debaters (Inspired by @WritingWithStars)

What is toxic masculinity to you? What does it entail generally? What can be considered as toxic masculinity? How has it affected your everyday life? What can men and women do to wash away their internalized toxic masculinity… how to improve?

7 Likes

Men need to hug eachother more often!! Get comfy w eachotha!! :angry::angry:

1 Like

WEAR SKIRT
WEE WEE FLY FREEEE
NOW THATS SUM WEEEEEEE

Real men wear pink.

Just like real women cook their husband
If u cook husband=real woman

2 Likes

PETITION FOR ALL MEN TO WEAR DRESSES FOR A DAY! NORMALIZE IT! REEEEE!!!

2 Likes

@Debaters. Just tagging you since the tag didn’t work above.

1 Like

Let them be comfortable with being themselves.

Let people have their freedom.

#WEEWEEFLYFREEEE

1 Like

I have so much to say… but I get so tired of saying the same argument over and over (not in a negative way I’m stating I’ve had many debates about this in the past)

I’m too lazy to type :sob: so #freedom :star_struck:

What do you guys think about heavily traditional places? Like there are some places in the world where no matter who you are you have to wear some sort of covering and appeal to that tradition… I mean, it is kinda toxic but I like that there is that tradition in those places. I don’t think that we should all have strict rules like that everywhere…

But posing a questions- Is us challenging gender/cultural norms stripping away actual cultures and traditions? Is that a good thing? Should we just all wear whatever we want everywhere and ignore tradition?

I’m wording this weird. I don’t really have any thoughts on this rn besides if I was to go somewhere I think it’d be cool to appeal to that tradition/honor it. But that should be a choice I think. So I think that we should keep those places, but people should be free to come and go as they please. Ex: They aren’t forced to stay in a certain area/country.

2 Likes

FLY FREE WEEWEEEEEEEE

1 Like

Bump.

I think an example of toxic masculinity is calling any guy who participates in something even remotely feminine: gay… like… Um, come on now?

Added a couple tags

Ah, I’d read a joke about that. Basically, people who like feminine stuff are gay. And what’s the most feminine thing in this world? WOMEN! So, most men are gay!

It’s kinda stupid but eh

Not going to lie, I really thought toxic masculinity was a myth. I find it difficult to call masculinity, toxic because you’re conflating masculinity with something negative which sounds like discouraging men for being masculine.

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree that there are men that are toxic but it’s hard for me to say toxic masculinity, I don’t know. But yeah, it’s ridiculous that there are ridiculous expectations for men such as being the breadwinner.

I recently watched an Cinema Therapy episode about mean girls where they at the start talked about the difference between toxic masculinity and toxic femininity but they have an entire episode about toxic masculinity using aragorn as an example of non-toxic masculinity.

Cinema Therapy is (for those who not know) an channel where a filmmaker and a licensed therapist use movies to talk about common therapeutic subjects used in movies so people can get a better understanding of them.

But here’s the video about toxic masculinity.

1 Like

Ooh, I love that channel

1 Like

Same it’s basically me as a YouTube channel haha
(have a film degree and am studying social work which involves a lot of therapy and psychology).

But it really helps explain heavy subjects in a good understandable way.

1 Like