Discussion: UK general election 12th of December

Well today is the day that UK citizens who have registered to vote need to vote for who they want so let’s discuss it.

I’m going to be placing my vote later. Also shock horror Eleanor made a politics thread.

6 Likes

Lol, I really didn’t expect you to make a politics thread ever :rofl:

I am curious to see the results, this are pretty important elections for the whole world especially the UK and the EU :grimacing:
These are the polls btw, though it would be interesting to post that

2 Likes

Woah that really is interesting

2 Likes

I don’t know how to feel to be honest:

1. I can’t vote (have 2 years waiting left to do)
  2. I don’t think enough young people will vote to counteract the older generations
  3. Unless it affects them personally, people genuinely do not care what the Conservatives do and that’s actually horrifying.
3 Likes

Why especially England? I’d say especially the uk, but if I were to be more specific then especially Scotland cause the Scottish party are promising to force a vote for independence if they get enough seats.

2 Likes

Sorry, messed up there wanted to say UK, don’t know why I wrote England :rofl: But yeah I agree, it’s probably more important for Scotland than other places in the UK

2 Likes

Also I completely forgot today was voting day.

2 Likes

It’s weird like I want independence but I also don’t. It’s be great to finally have it but I feel like if we were to leave with uk now then if it goes badly Scotland still has that deal for if we get independence then we can rejoin the EU. And if it’s better out of the union then we go independent but don’t rejoin

2 Likes

It’s raining where I am right now which put people off voting :grimacing:

1 Like

It was raining so much today. :purple_heart: :butterfly:

2 Likes

I’m waiting for my brother so that we can go and vote.

2 Likes

I went with my Dad earlier

Family voting

1 Like

My parents just left to go bote

I’ve been seeing signs everywhere that say polling station

The exit poll was just posted… yikes…

1 Like

If it’s accurate pray for us

2 Likes

OK, so I’ve looked more into it and exit polls aren’t 100% accurate but still… let’s just see what’s going to happen…

Yeah the results should be soon they are usually around 11

1 Like

There is a large torrie majority

1 Like

We are f***ed

2 Likes