Discussion: What does hitting the like button mean to you?

To me, liking someone’s post means that I acknowledge their voice and that their reply is heard (which is why I basically like everyone’s posts).

What about you? What does hitting the like button mean to you? How often do you like posts? And do you have your like notifications turned on or off?

inspired by a utensil discussion :star_struck:

@Discussions

17 Likes

I HIT LIKE TO SHOW LOVE
i dont like things which i find offensive or rude-

3 Likes

I like to show agreement :eyes:

3 Likes

why I ratio so bad :triumph:

3 Likes

Wowowo you actually made a thread :star_struck:

Ok so, I see it as a way where you can agree with people and show that what they replied was funny or good.

Also- a post without at least 1 like seems wrong

4 Likes

Same, or if they are just blatantly disrespectful

4 Likes

Yes that tooo

4 Likes

Yeah :star_struck:

2 Likes

YESS

(Unless it’s offensive or rude ofc :star_struck:)

I tend to like posts without any likes first so they feel their presence is acknowledged :pleading_face:

3 Likes

#NOLIKES2020

6 Likes

I generally like posts and threads that I agree on, and also replies to my posts and threads.

Liking back the posts of others is my simple way of showing courtesy to other users.

2 Likes

It most probably means that I liked what you said, that I agree with it, that I thank you for saying it, that I saw it, that stuff. Or it just means I got carried away hitting the like button (eg anonymous confessions)

4 Likes

And I tend to like posts as a way of acknowledging the person without having to reply to it

3 Likes

Aww, Soleil :pleading_face::purple_heart:

You’re an inspiration! :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Cancel the like button :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

4 Likes

It depends. On roleplay threads, I like posts to show the other person that I’ve seen it. On non-rp threads I like posts to let the person know that I agree with them or I think they’re reply is funny or cool or something along those lines.

4 Likes

Sherry stap :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3: I shouldn’t feel so blessed when you like one of my posts

4 Likes

WHEN SHRERRRY LIKES MY POST—

:sob::sob::star_struck::star_struck::pleading_face::sob::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart::heart::sob::star_struck::star_struck::pleading_face::sob::sob::sob::star_struck::star_struck::sob::sob::star_struck::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

SHOOKYSPRERRYY LIKE BUTTON HEATER :triumph:

3 Likes

DON’T LET THE HATERS GET TO YOU DIV

KEEP DOJNG WHAT YOU’RE DOING

3 Likes