Diverse Cast Thread

Yup!

If you like the album, I recommend the artist Tatsuro Yamashita. All of his songs are amazing. There’s no bad song

2 Likes

I’m gonna share my cast from my new story soon…

2 Likes

Ohh thanks for the recommendation :hearts:

:eyes:

2 Likes

No problemo! You will love it… And I recommend “Bay City” by Junko Yagami

Yes… You will also love the characters

2 Likes

Bump :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I present to you… The main cast of “Deadly Nightshade”!

(Some spoilers ahead!)

Main Cast
Angelina

Angelina Imani Rutherford-Thornton. She is the protagonist of this story. The new wife of Vincent Thornton and daughter-in-law of Chairman Richard Thornton, she hasn’t had an easy life before becoming the wife of the heir of Peridale, the construction conglomerate based in Clifton. Angelina is the former friend of Cynthia Thornton, the ex-wife of Vincent. She gets married to Vincent in episode 1, in a highly publicised wedding. Richard has never liked her. However, Angelina doesn’t just want to be the daughter-in-law of a conglomerate family. Ultimately, she becomes ambitious and cruel to gain more power. And she gets it, through deadly gain… Deadly like the nightshade. She betrays Vincent, Richard and even Director Rosemary Clermont to fulfill her goal, then her downfall begins…

Cynthia

Cynthia Paloma Morales-Thornton, a Dominican woman. She is the antagonist in Deadly Nightshade, and the ex-wife of Vincent Thornton. Cynthia was very kind as Vincent’s wife and they loved each other dearly. But a year after she met Angelina, she was brutally murdered. The Clifton police tried to find clues and her killer, but there was insufficient evidence, so the case was closed. About 10 months after her death, she woke up in limbo and was later brought back to the human world as a spirit by Blair, another spirit. She saw Angelina and Vincent dancing together at their wedding and was extremely hurt. When Blair tells her that Angelina is her killer, she wants revenge and begins to haunt her.

Blair

“I’m Blair. Just Blair.”
Blair is helping Cynthia, the antagonist, get revenge on Angelina. Looking for justice for her own death, she hopes that by helping Cynthia, she can rest in peace. Blair even drives Angelina insane, by creating an “evil version” of her.

Essence

The “evil” Angelina. She is just a reflection of Angelina and is everything evil about Angelina. She manages to convince Angelina to accept her wickedness and once she does… It turns out that Essence wasn’t even real, it was just her all along.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Badou. A Ghanaian pastor, he’s been a justice of the peace for both Vincent and Cynthia, then Vincent and Angelina. Angelina asked for him to do so, and then he quits after finding out something shocking about Angelina…

Hwayoung

Kim Hwa-young, a black Korean and a private investigator. She was Cynthia’s best friend and supported her until her death. When her murder case is closed, Hwayoung starts her own investigation into the murder and finds out that things surrounding her friend’s death are very strange. Later, Cynthia visits her and urges her to get revenge. She decides to, applies to get a job at the Peridale Hotel, Scarlet, as a hotel worker, and gets it. It is from there that Hwayoung begins looking into Angelina… And they become enemies.

Richard

Richard William Thornton, the father of Vincent Thornton. He is the Chairman of Peridale, a construction conglomerate (family company.) His and Angelina’s relationship has been ruined ever since Angelina insulted Cynthia. He was also suspicious of Angelina and did not want her and Vincent getting married. A while after Angelina and Vincent got married, he gets someone to look into Angelina and watch her, and constantly bullies her. He also promotes her to President of Peridale, but is doubtful about it. He finds out about a bit about Angelina’s past and wants her fired, but Angelina bribes the directors in order to keep her position, and humiliates Richard. This makes him hate her even more. Finally, Angelina takes action against Richard and destroys his family…

Rosemary

Rosemary Theresa Clermont, a director and later Vice President of Peridale. She’s a British Canadian. She enters the company, intending to take over, because her parents and sister were killed due to negligence of the company in an accident. She wanted revenge and conspires with Angelina to take over, first starting by voting her as President and getting appointed as Vice President. After the downfall of the Thornton family and Angelina becomes Chairwoman, she gets jealous because she wanted to be Chairwoman. Then, it turns that Rosemary’s family didn’t die because of Peridale, and she suffers the same fate as Richard…

Vincent

Vincent Michael Thornton, the son of Richard Thornton and heir to Peridale. He loved Cynthia and was devastated by her death. However, he fell in love with Angelina, which was the biggest mistake he ever made. Richard warned him multiple times not to marry her, but eventually lets him get married to Angelina. He still tries to get Vincent to leave Angelina, but Vincent is blinded by his love for her. Vincent becomes Vice Chairman and is very close to getting the company until Angelina suddenly betrays him. He finds out the truth about her from his father before he dies. He divorces her and Angelina kicks him out, but he starts working with Hwayoung to take his ex-wife down, furious at her. His family and reputation destroyed by Angelina, he wants revenge too…

Playlist

Rosemary

Angelina

Cynthia

Hwayoung

Vincent

Richard

Geoffrey

Essence

Blair

4 Likes

This is a unique cast but a suggestion that maybe you should change Vincent’s skin tone because it makes him look like siblings to his wife. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Really, I made sure he was slightly darker? Oh wait. Let’s just say it’s a coincidence

And Angelina is customisable

3 Likes

Oh :skull: I’m dumb. Then you’re fine.

2 Likes

It’s cool :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

I figure I’d share some of my often occurring characters here. :grin:

Blaire: 1/4 Korean 3/4 English/British. Agnostic. Straight.

Alex: 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Eastern European (Mix). Christian. Straight.

Lucy: 1/2 Italian 1/4 French 1/4 English. Bisexual (not out). Christian.

Katie: Caucasian (European mix, but I don’t know the specifics yet.) Bisexual (not out). More spiritual than religious.

Chandler: MtF trans. 1/2 Hispanic 1/4 Irish 1/4 Scottish. Bisexual (but leans more towards liking males). Experimental with religion but unsure.

Bianca: Haven’t figured out her ethnicity yet, but definitely some Russian for sure. Straight. Atheist.

David: 3/4 Japanese/Korean mixed. 1/4 Scandinavian. Straight (would totally be down to experiment though). Family is Buddhist but he doesn’t always adhere to the “rules.”

Paul: Caucasian (I don’t know the specifics. I don’t care. It’s Paul.) Identifies as Christian but only for the benefit of sports. Straight.

Quinn: 3/4 African Mixed (Nigerian, Egyptian, Moroccan) 1/4 French. (Edited: changed from Lesbian to bisexual because it works with the character better and I also forgot :grimacing:) Bisexual. Identifies as Christian but her sexuality makes her unsure about things.

Miss Loren: 1/2 Chinese 1/2 African (Mixed). Asexual. Agnostic.

Abigail: 1/2 Scottish 1/2 German. Straight. Atheist.

4 Likes

I’m not trying to be rude but the cast doesn’t really seem as diverse with the exception of three/four(?) characters.

2 Likes

I love it, but I definitely see that too.

2 Likes

I think it’s fairly diverse. My love interest is half Italian (So obviously Lucy is too as his half sis), my main is like a 1/4 Korean from her mom’s side (at least as far as I understand her). David is 3/4 Japanese and Korean mixed. Miss Loren is half African American half Chinese. Chandler is trans and is half Hispanic (Mexican?). Quinn is mostly African American, though I figure there’s a bit of European in her (haven’t quite found out which areas yet).
I’d say that’s a pretty diverse range of races and ethnicities. :wink:

2 Likes

Ah. I see. It’d just be better to state and clarify on the post so people would know.

2 Likes

It’s also better to not assume. :grin::wink:

2 Likes

Well, pictures don’t show everything about someone. That’s why people in the thread state their characters religion, ethnicity, race, and much more. Like if I just posted a black character, you’d just assume they’ll be anything. It’s always best to tell.

1 Like

That’s the whole point of the thread! Showing and telling about our characters/casts personalities and background to demonstrate diversity.

1 Like

It’s still also best to not assume. Maybe I was planning on editing the post later with more specifics. You don’t know that. But telling me my cast isn’t “diverse” when hardly any of them look that much alike… :woman_shrugging:t2:.

2 Likes