DMCA Everyone Video On Youtube Is Talking ABout

So, I came across a video talking about a new law which restrict people form using a copyright song in their videos like if u have it in your videos, you’ll be sent to jail/fined. That is so damn dumb and stupid. Especially for artists.

https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/stopdmca

2 Likes

what the hell? who implemented this? also,

is this a united states law? or is it a youtube-only thing? :thinking:

2 Likes

USA law, im watching a lot of videos talking about it.

2 Likes

Added some tags!

3 Likes

fcuk this country, i’m out :clown_face:

2 Likes

Though I don’t know that much, but there will be a lot of complaints, and I hope this doesn’t pass. I really hope it doesn’t. A lot of people use music in their videos.

2 Likes

Woww that’s crazy :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I don’t put music in my Youtube videos, because they are basically templates, so only on Instagram. But I guess it applies to all social media platforms. I don’t know. I hope it doesn’t pass. That is just plain dumb and stupid.

2 Likes

vpn time :nerd_face:

1 Like

this shouldn’t even be a law anyways. there is nothing wrong with using copyrighted music in your videos. copyright can be pretty stupid, too :eyes:

shun dmca for clear skin :star_struck:

1 Like

exactly, u can always credit the artist. Simple as that.

and does this also apply to real musicians using THEIR OWN music in videos? dumb.

1 Like

i dont really know but one thing I know for sure they are going to have a say in this too.

people ALWAYS credit artists. if someone claimed a song, especially a popular song, as their own thing, nobody would believe them anyway. copyright is so so stupidddd

1 Like

STOP DMCA

1 Like

Bro, what?? Ugh. They did the same thing in Twitch! (you’ll get your streams deleted)

oh boy, looks like I’m not American anymore! :star_struck:

1 Like

if this gets passed and stays forever i would legit move out of the country because of that :clown_face:

2 Likes

OMG, WHY?!?!? :man_facepalming:

Oh well, all we can do for now is to add NCS for now… :man_shrugging:

I read that as YMCA…

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity