Do all Episode stories have a diverse cast?

I’ve read a lot of stories where the authors do include a very diverse cast, but there are others out there that really aren’t diverse at all. Most main characters are the same age (teenagers) and nationality. A lot of them even talk the same and have similar hobbies, like clubbing and partying.

Do all the stories you’ve read on Episode have a diverse cast, or have you encountered a few that are far from diverse?

And… does not having a diverse cast make a story less appealing to you?

4 Likes

A few, but I think over the past years, diversity has become more of a priority in stories, so a lot of stories include people from different nationalities, genders, sexual orinitations, ages, races, religions, etc.

Yes, because it shows the author put no effort into the story. Unless it purposely isn’t diverse because of the story (ex. high schoolers are main characters of a high school story, you can’t expect age diversity with that)

2 Likes

Definitely not all lmao. Some people are just ignorant and they believe a good plot is the only thing that’s important. Usually stories without a diverse cast who alo have bad coding, due to the lack of effort.

I haven’t read that many stories on Episode but from what I’ve read I don’t think that all stories have a diverse cast.

Usually, a good author knows how to write good characters and characters/people are diverse. (I’m also a very character oriented person when reading and watching moves and series.)

When I started off reading episode stories I never really thought of the diversity in stories, not until I joined the community and started writing my own stories, that’s when I came to the realization that these stories didn’t have any diversity at all in them and they were big authors stories. But I did love the stories since they were well written.
The stories I started reading after were my episode friends stories I followed, and they were black authors and I started enjoying their stories more and more.
I think community episode stories have gotten more diverse now where other cultures are included in the stories and I love that but I don’t use the app anymore but it was nice reading stories from there.

Eh… if you consider the stereotypical Black BFF who loves to party, dress up and hook the MC up with the pOpuLaR gUy, and the stereotypical smart Asian nerd as ‘diverse’, then sure…

1 Like

@Episodians

1 Like

I guess if you consider the sassy stereotypical black best friend who likes to hook up with guys constantly and try to hook the "innocent " white mc with other guys

Or the Asian nerd who loves math and is seen as bland and the Mc tries to make her adventurous

Diversity then yeah "they do "

1 Like

wow-
our answers are almost similar-

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity