Do attractive students have an advantage over others?

In my opinion, no. I sure hope not. Teachers shouldn’t find students attractive. That’s just…eeeeeehhhh…@Discussions

3 Likes

Whaaat? I bloody hope not. That’s wrong on so many levels!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Just. No.

1 Like

Where did this question even come from? It’s so random and silly.

Yess

1 Like

They do?

1 Like

Yeah. Teachers at my school were nicer to good-looking students

1 Like

Huh. Ok then.

1 Like

I personally haven’t noticed any advantage for attractive students myself, but I would imagine so. There would be an advantage within the dynamic among the students, but even teachers. Though in a majority of cases I would imagine it would be on a subconscious level. By simply being viewed as more pleasing to the eye, a teacher may not be as harsh as they may have otherwise been, a subconscious desire to not cause further conflict.

In my school they’d get chosen to be in promotional photos or videos, this kinda destroyed my confidence because I was never asked and was often even cropped out. So I guess they have the advantage of being picked for more things that make the school look good.

1 Like

This is absolutely ridiculous! Why is it all about looks? It was the same in college (if you’re not British, it’s the equivalent to 11th-12th grade and community college) it was always about looks! I remember the girls were very mean to be back in secondary school, same with the teachers as they hated the fact that I wouldn’t want to tie my hair up as that ruined my confidence.

Hypothetically, I went to an co-ed school I would have the same situation since a lot of teachers only care about looks then.

“Beauty fades, being dumb is forever”.
I was going to say: depends on the type of teachers you have for the important classes…

But in the long terms, no.

1 Like

At least in science stream in India, being the teacher’s pet is more effective than being attractive

1 Like

I mean, true :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yes, because they’re more likely to fit in and make more friends imo, so they at least don’t have to worry about that aspect of school

1 Like

Didn’t think of that.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity