Do people in the LGBTQ+ community still have to fear for their lives?

I would argue that there are places where being LGBTQ+ is relatively safe and poses very little risk. However, there are definitely places in the world where I think that members of the LGBTQ+ community definitely fear for their lives.

3 Likes

In some places, but thankfully not where I live. :eyes:

2 Likes

In some places it’s safer, but yes, they definitely do in other places. Some countries it’s illegal, and you can get thrown into jail, or brutally attacked if people know.
In America, especially trans POC, are still attacked. Some cases, people would randomly beat up trans people on sidewalks, attack, hurt or harass them

Really depends on where you live

5 Likes

I’d say that the risk is higher in certain places but yeah the fear is present.

What do you guys think?

@Discussions

4 Likes

I think that even if you live in a place where it’s legal, there’s still some fear. Especially if you live in a very homophobic community.

3 Likes

Yes

Even in the Netherlands which is a country where LGBTQ+ is very much accepted you hear stories every now and then that people get beaten up because they are gay, so yeah, in countries where it’s not accepted you really have to fear for your life. There are countries where there is a death penalty on being LGBTQ, or where you can even get murdered by your own family for being LGBTQ. So this is very much still an current issue unfortunately, worldwide homophobia has increased the last years.

3 Likes

Yes. Thanks Trump.

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity