Do teens play more video games?

I’d say video games can be played any age, but teens definitely make up the target audience and are the majority of video game players.

What do you think @Discussions?

1 Like

my fourteen year old sister has entered the chat

1 Like

Teens probably have more freedom. Kids are watched and adults are always working and can be busy. Teenagers have more freedom

2 Likes

I think the reason teens tend to play more video games is because they have more free time. Also, usually adults tend to have interests other than video games. Not all, there are adults who enjoy video games, but usually a lot of adults also don’t. For example, I notice that as I grow older, my interests change. I focus less on games and more on different themes. I used to like teenage movies, as I’m older, those themes don’t suit me anymore. Of course, not everyone is like this, but that’s also one of the reasons why teens tend to do dominate video games. When you’re an adult, you’re focused on your priorities such as bills, working, kids, families, etc. as you experience different things you’ll appreciate different things which is why parents appreciate having alone-time so much, but when they were teens they probably liked going out a lot etc.

1 Like

Lol the age range in video games definitely go from ages 5-AT LEAST 50 years old. Believe it or not there is many adults that are pro players and are streamers for video games. There are gaming channels and Twitch channels that are ran by adults and played by them. I don’t know the exact statistics but I play video games all the time and I run into gamers from all ages, typically older people actually. Idk what crack y’all are on if you say the majority is kids or teens. Cos I don’t think y’all ever took the fact gaming is a career into consideration.

Of course adults do have other responsibilities but that’s only if video games isn’t their source of income. If we are talking about the pro players and full time streamers (and let me tell you, there are MANY of those.) then they have just as much time as a teen would, more actually cos teens have school. The full time streamers and pro gamers have a job, but that’s literally gaming.

It really depends on the player. Of course we could always measure how much more time what age range has compared to another and go by that but that would take a while and that’s hard to determine. Again, many kids teens play a lot ofc but a lot of adults and older adults literally pay their bills by playing video games. Some kids get to drop out of school because of the money they make etc. But to try and claim a majority is too simple for such a complex thing to measure.

I mean, many teens are in school all day but when they get home they play games right away. Just as many adults have a job and play games when they get home.

It’s not as simple as this of course because different jobs have different hours, most schools are around 6 hours and even then, after school clubs exist. So you can’t say that every teen has more time to play video games than every adult, I’m not even sure if you can say it on average.

Games are aimed at adults just as they are at teens too, though there may be specific games that more teens or more adults play.

Closed due to inactivity