Do you annotate while reading?

Annotation refers to adding your own thoughts or insights into a book or text .

There are many ways you could annotate your books and there are many benefits to it! It helps you read actively, you will remember more that way and it’s great for future references (if you use tabs by colour, it’s easy to find something you might be looking for).

1. Sticky tabs - You can assign themes to colours and say that blue means that scene is sad, purple is for important information, yellow is for your favorite quotes… Whatever you want to do.
  2. Highlighters - This is probably the most basic way to annotate. When you read a line that is powerful or lyrical, you just mark it. You can use different colours and they can signify different meanings like blue for beautiful quotes and blue for important information… just an example.
  3. Pens - This way you write down your opinions and thoughts on the side. You don’t have to write a lot…Examples of little comments: that’s a good point, whyyy, that’s sad, I relate…

@Bookworms, Do you annotate while reading?
How do you do it?

4 Likes

Nope, 'cause the books I read are from a library.

2 Likes

No I don’t :sweat:
I don’t want to ruin any of my beautiful books

2 Likes

No way! I’m good with reading comprehension on my own, so I’ve never needed to have reminders and such. I don’t make notes or anything as I read a book, and I would neveeeeer write or highlight anything in my books. I want them to remain in as close to the condition it was when I got the book. It pains a piece of my soul seeing books that have been written in. If I needed to make note of something when I’m reading, I can make that note somewhere separate.

2 Likes

Nope, not since school… and even then, I never really did.

1 Like

Yes, my Class XI chemistry book is a dungeon of scribbles because I wrote a lot of “thought-notes” and (weird) questions on the side

2 Likes

Are they useful to you later on?

1 Like

Yess… welp, some of them are haha

1 Like

HAHA. Only some?

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity