Do you change the lyrics of a song while singing?

Sometimes, if I don’t know the lyrics of a song and don’t want to look them up right away, I just try to find something that makes sense. Sometime later, I finally look at the real lyrics and compare them to what I was singing all the time. It happened a few times that I liked my version more or didn’t understand the real ones so I just changed the lyrics whenever I sang the songs :joy: But I also do that unintentionally sometimes, even if I know the real lyrics.

Do you sometimes change the lyrics (on purpose) when you sing a song?

6 Likes

If I don’t know the lyrics I stay quiet :eyes:

1 Like

I do this when:

• I don’t like certain lyrics but I like the song
  • Most lyrics in the song are relatable to me at that moment, so I just change the ones that aren’t relatable so that it relates to my situation
  • I don’t remember the exact lyrics
1 Like

I never do, unless I’m purposely parodying.

1 Like

Added lyrics tag :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

Sometimes :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

Nope! If I don’t know the lyrics or don’t like a part of the song I’d stay quiet

1 Like

No, I just be in confusion and be like… (what did they say?! :eyes:)
Sometimes I’m too lazy to search up the lyrics :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This

1 Like

Yeah I do. If I’m singing a love song that is sang by a guy, I change the pronouns to “him/he/his” and of course, the gender.

Sometimes, I change the lyrics around when I want to take the mickey out of a song I don’t like lol.

1 Like

All the time!
I don’t sing swear words, so I substitute or omit them when I’m singing along to a song.

2 Likes

I rarely sing, but when I do, not really :eyes: if I don’t know the lyrics I just don’t sing that part lol

@Music, do you change the lyrics of a song while singing?

2 Likes

If I don’t know it well, yes.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a game. When you’re listening to music, you change (part of) the lyrics to incorporate what’s happening in your current situation/actions.

1 Like

That one trampoline song…I get so annoyed every time they say “dying” so I substitute that word with something else every time.

Actual Lyrics: …When I dream of dying, I never feel so loved

• When I dream of flying
  • When I dream of eating
  • When I dream of floating
  • When I dream of stuffing

…I never feel so loved! :rofl:

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity