Do you ever draw or write things in your books?

I don’t! I like to keep my books clean but I used to highlight some sentences I found interesting/beautiful. When it comes to books for school I sometimes draw when I get bored but I try not to make it messy.

Do you ever draw or write things in your books?
@Bookworms

5 Likes

Always. But I don’t like it when my books look dirty. So I made them with pencils while reading or in class and later I erase them

2 Likes

When I’m bored, then sometimes

Always, but at the back of the book/the last page.

Yup, I used to do it a lot
I’d more so draw flowers and then color them

never :eyes:

Yes a lot… but mostly out of boredom I did that.
I do kind of regret doing it because I did mess up some of them pages bruh, but it is what it is.

When you get to more advanced texts that really need to be deciphered… you kinda need to take notes some way. And um. It results in this.

It’s not like that on every page, but once you start having theories about the book you have to get them down as you’re reading them, and believe me it takes a lot of work when you’re working with this stuff as well to write stuff on a google doc cuz you have to quote the line you’re referencing… and when you don’t have line numbers that’s tricky.
This is an incredibly difficult book to read btw - it’s Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky. For me these notes are necessary in order to arrange my thoughts about the book cleary, it may look insane, but it’s the only way XD.
You should also see the two page google doc I did of the repetition devices in literally 3 pages.

1 Like

Lmaooo omgg :joy: relatable

1 Like

Have you ever done that level of notes lol?

1 Like

Nooo :joy: that’s extreme

I only wrote scribbles in my story books but I was really small so looking back at my handwriting that time, I was like, “what the freak I wrote” XD!

This meme is literallt how I wrote in literally all the pages of my books for no reason…
I was so mad looking at them :weary::sob:

1 Like

In story books, nope. I rent them from the library.
In school notebooks/textbooks, absolutely. The teachers don’t care. And it’s fun to doodle in the middle of a boring class.

Well, my answer has changed drastically. I looooove to write in my books and tab them

Closed due to inactivity