Do You Ever Make Drastic Changes To Your Character While RPing?

As we begin to use our characters, we often find ways that what we wrote for them isn’t always the most accurate to them. It could be realizing that an event that made them who they are, happened a little differently, that they are actually extremely selfish when you didn’t plan on it initially, or it can be something like changing their entire FC or even their name. Some changes come about because of plans with other characters, or just that you have a better idea of who they are as an individual.

Have you ever made any drastic changes to a character after you’ve started RPing with them?

If so, what kinds of changes?
If not, what kinds of changes have you seen others make?

@RPers

2 Likes

i almost made ian in LG a girl

1 Like

Not usually drastic ones. Though I think the most common one I’ve seen is to abruptly change their sexuality based on who they’re talking to.

XD
this is why i put them as “doesnt label” sksksks

1 Like

Maybe not drastic, but yes I did, I guess. When I start roleplaying characters, I usually realize just then what fits their character more. I think it’s more like developing, though xD

Debating on changing a character’s fc.

I think it’s part of the character’s development to make changes while RPing (though not necessarily drastic), and also as a growing author and realizing what fits your characters more and what’s not. I wrote France Auclair as a really bad, bad girl, but I didn’t really imagine her as one. I imagined her as more of a someone who can be selfish, chaotic neutral/true neutral, blunt, but never unnecessarily rude. I changed her while I was RPing her because I just didn’t feel like she fit the personality I initially gave her.

Often, yes! I feel like my characters change when I actually start RPing which is why I have to like :sob: rewrite their cr-ppy bckstory and personality or delete them if I don’t use them often.

Drastic? I don’t think so. I think I actually did change Elodie quite a lot… I imagined her differently while creating her but loved so much more what she ended up being
Other than that I do change them sometimes but only little things

im ngl i have a bad habit of changing their bios sometimes :sob:
so suddenly too

-midway thru an rp, its the middle of the night, mc and li are arguing-
yes actually i almost died when i was seven thats why i cheated on u
really?
no, ixy just made that up yesterday so i’d have a valid reason