Do you find it easier to make new friends online or in person?

For me it will always be easier to make new friends online. I’m not a very social person and I get really shy and awkward around people so I often avoid meeting new people. It’s different when you’re trying to make new friends online. I don’t want to say that’s easy because to me it’s not, it is easier but not easy. Sometimes I still get a little bit nervous when talking to someone online but there is this barrier that you don’t have with people in real life and it kinda always to be yourself and not be scared.

• Do you find it easier to make new friends online or in person?
  • Why is that?

@Discussions

6 Likes

Yeah

because it’s easier to communicate online and I feel very much comfortable… I don’t have any friends irl and I prefer it that way.

1 Like

I think for me it’s about the same because I approach people online the same as irl :sweat_smile: :

Just look around and follow my guts.

I find it hard to make friends both offline and online. I am just built that way :sneezing_face:

• Do you find it easier to make new friends online or in person?
    definitely online! however i get anxious of the way i respond or when i ask a question. Sometimes i’ll respond and i’m scared that people think i’m having a tone with them. But online is better because I’m not in front of the person.

Neither.

Idk both are fine
Maybe online cos it takes less time

Word

Online…
I don’t like having irl friends.

Definitely online :smile_cat:

@Discussions What about you?

3 Likes

Is it bad if I say online?

2 Likes

Probably online, but in person I can make better bonds with people.

2 Likes

Uh… person, maybe?

1 Like

I’m gonna go with online, because even though it might take longer, it’s easier to find people that share common interests online than it is in person. It might be faster to make friends in person especially if you work together, have a common social activity, are neighbors, or are in the same classes at school, but those aren’t always lasting friendships, as people tend to lose contact with them when they move away, no longer work together, aren’t in the same school/class/social activity any longer. With online friends, none of those things are really that relevant.

1 Like

I lack the ability to make real friends within both realms.

I tend to struggle with both because I don’t ‘click’ with many people at all, but I generally find it a lot easier to communicate online than irl because irl gives me so much anxiety. I seize up and quite often I don’t know what to say and how to keep the conversation going. I’m terrible with social cues and I’m always feeling inferior and like I’m being judged. Online I don’t have to worry about how I look, what I’m wearing, how I smell and I can practically leave a conversation whenever I want or choose not to respond + I feel more confident being me and expressing myself. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m the same way. I managed to find very good friends tho but before it’d be so bad that I’d have people ignore me… it was so hard.

1 Like