Do You Get a Boost of Serotonin From Anyone's Interactions on the Forums?

I remember when I first joined the other forums, I used to get the biggest smile on my face when certain people liked my posts or replied to me. I looked up to them. Lots of them were writers I genuinely wanted to learn from.

What about you? Is there anyone on the forums who gives you a boost of seratonin when they like your post or reply to you?

@Ouijaloveletters

4 Likes

sputters You actually did it! I feel warm now. :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Of course haha. This is the kinda stuff that let me make some amazing friends in the first place when I first started using the forums. We’re gonna get that atmosphere back, right lol

1 Like

To answer the question, I’m just happy when anyone replies to me, really. I have an inferiority complex, so it makes me really happy when people appreciate me.

1 Like

I get that. I know it happens with me at work. I’m such a baby teacher that acknowledgement from other teachers makes me feel speshul. Even though they’re like the same age as me.

Like the head of English is 29. She’s 4 years older than me. I still feel like she’s my “elder” because I’m a baby teech

1 Like

YES

The forums that shall not be named. Sorry.

1 Like

Lol. Personally, I’m trying my best to divorce from the wizard franchise. We had an abusive relationship because I kept remembering how good it was at the beginning and allowing it to hurt me over and over again. I’m at the point where it’s trying to isolate me from all my trans friends and I know that’s an abuse/cult tactic.

So I, of all people, am avoiding wizard franchise references ;-; I thought it but I didn’t say it

2 Likes

I’m non binary myself, honestly. I refuse to let the pos author Ruin the books that my parents read to me as a child. My mom and I would take turns reading Sorcerer’s Stone together.

To think I used to list her when asked about the three famous people I’d want to have dinner with. Ick.

tight hug You’re letting her win.

I’m not doing too bad with it all, to be honest! I didn’t love the play or the prequels, anyway. It was quite crap, so seeing through the magic to the transphobia underneath was easier than it would have been 5-10 years ago

2 Likes

I never noticed, honestly. Maybe if I reread them with my new perspective, but I don’t feel like it. I’m actually actively playing a game called Hogwarts Mystery. I just can’t delete it…

She’s just gone on a campaign against trans people. Once you realise that she is deliberately hurting a marginalised group, you go back and see all the other iffy stuff in the books with a whole new light.

Like, I always thought that sometimes we accidentally do bad representation. But when people are actively being discriminatory, I lose a lot of the good faith for them in other areas.

Like, she’s pushed back on the idea that there could be problems with representation in her books and now she’s on a hate campaign against trans people. It makes you look back at the slavery, the horrible naming of POCs, the making an Irish character blow stuff up, the fact that a person can side with wizard fascists and still come out a good guy if they are a mother, etc in a whole new light.

2 Likes

Yeah…

Uh…? I know about Seamus, but what does he have to do with it? I have Irish blood too.

It’s not a matter of Irish blood and a matter of the very recent history between England and Ireland. The IRA and the bombings etc make it really stereotypical and problematic to make an Irish person in the UK blow stuff up

2 Likes

OH, I FORGOT! Ironic, since I just listened to Zombie a while ago.

Definitely yes. Especially if it’s someone I’m close with.

1 Like

I haven’t really interacted here in a while and anyone I’d get a seratonin boost from is probably long gone.

But I find the biggest boost comes from someone who you thought was never gonna return because real life came up for them.

It’s like an “OH IT’S YOU” moment

5 Likes