Do you hate when you have to get a shot or otherwise things

I know most people who are scared of doctors but I’m not really afraid. I been to doctors for check up and as well as my thyroid disease since I was 19 years old. Here a trick I used when I get a needle in my arm is to think of a happy time you like going to a water park, get ice cream or just think about good food and being with family.

So that what I think of every time a doctor draw blood . So next you visit go to get a check up think of things that may you happy in life before all the time before the forum exists.

( I hope I didn’t creepy you out too much)

1 Like

:eyes: Why does this actually help?

My parents want me to get blood drawn so the doctors can figure out the root of my headache problems or do whatever else and I’m completely freaked out. I hatteeeeeee needles

1 Like

Oh my, I was scared of needles when I was a little girl but now not anymore because I think of something happy and it works for me.

2 Likes

ummmmmm i cry every time i get a shot- :pensive::raised_hand:

2 Likes

It does hurt but it help to think something happy.

3 Likes

no i do that. still doesn’t work

2 Likes

me tooooo

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I just have a super terrible fear of needles. Bc the last time I went I almost broke my dads hand squeezing it so hard

1 Like

@Melaniey @Megan
I understand but it okay to be afraid of thing. I was afraid of getting my wisdom teeth out. But I didn’t feel anything they put you to sleep but my sister and brother had to do it to. It turns out my sister cry and I didn’t. I though my parents thought I was going to cry.

1 Like

I absolutely hate getting my blood drawn, it’s the actual worst. I personally prefer having someone squeeze my arm so that’s the only thing I can possibly feel from it and having my eyes closed.

2 Likes

It hurts a lot when I have to do allergy tests and stuff — even though it’s a prick in your finger. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I hate doctors because I hate shots. The difference between doctors and dentist (which are love), is that dentist don’t subject me to the pain, or rather the idea of pain. Dentist numb your mouth, you don’t notice anything. But doctors don’t, you over think and imagine the pain. So maybe if I were blindfolded I could get trough an appointment without squirming.

2 Likes

Yikes. That must be scary.

1 Like

Oh my, in 2016 me and my two all siblings had to get our wisdom teeths out. I was nervous but unfortunately they did put us to sleep. But before that a group of friends that I work with took me out to lunch before I had to eat soft food for 6 week. One more has to take her wisdom teeth out some time soon.

2 Likes

I hate needles. :rofl::white_heart:

2 Likes

Okay, but out of my family, I’m used to it. :grin:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity :two_hearts: