Do you have secret nicknames for your classmates or teachers?

In high school, my friends and I had a lot of secret nicknames for our teachers! They were never insulting or rude, well… we did call our math teacher a snake but she was just scary.
Nicknames we gave them were just cute and simple! We called our history teacher blueberry because his last name starts with Ber and he was wearing a blue shirt one time so someone came up with that :joy:
I don’t think we ever had secret nicknames for each other. We did have nicknames but they were not a secret!

• Do you have secret nicknames for your classmates or teachers?
3 Likes

I actually don’t remember any for teachers, but I do remember calling other students by various nicknames

One of my best friends that used to be my co-worker and I used to have secret nicknames for a few co-workers, bosses, and students.
We called the principal Public Enemy #1, and whenever we were talking during duty and she was approaching, one of us would say ‘P.E. #1 on the horizon’.

I had a student named Maximo that was so tiny, I secretly called him ‘Minimo’. He later became my student in Sunday school as well, and his mom does my nails.

1 Like

Nopeee, at least I don’t remember xD

Whenever my corned and I wanted to talk about their crushes we would come up with a code name. For example: “yeah, potato was really cute. I wish him and I could talk more. Potato said this, that…” etc. we would only have these secret codes whenever we wanted to talk about stuff in public but we are scared others may eavesdrop

1 Like

I had a Chemistry teacher in 10th grade and we nicknamed her Ms Rash (her original name was Rashmi) because we felt that she was too rash with her students and unnecessarily rude. She used to snap at us anytime she wanted to without any reason and was moody most of the times.

1 Like

One of my friend’s crush’s name is the name of a city too, so our code name for him is the state that the city is in. XDDD Besides that, I don’t recall any other secret nicknames.

3 Likes

We did, but most of them weren’t secret since people use it to call them for fun. We like teasing our teachers. They also go along with except during classes.

yeah we did have nicknames for our teachers and some of my former classmates as well but i won’t say they were secret because we said them out loud anyways. Fun times :author_sunglasses:

@Discussions

1 Like

We called one of the teachers of my last school ‘Styrofoam’ because the first class we had from him was all about how to use Styrofoam for lighting your videos. No one knew his name for 3 months and just called him that.

1 Like

Yup. In the first year high school, my friends and I nicknamed our chemistry teacher, Snape. It was scary, she was a spitting-image female version.

1 Like

:rofl:
snape??!! omgg

1 Like

Yes, totally. She even taught the muggle equivalent subject; Chemistry.

1 Like

Yeah for some of my classmates in high school I had some secret nicknames for them. Mainly because as I would tell my mom everything that happened during the school day, certain names would become tied to things that happened and have nicknames to help remind her who was who.
For example, there were 2 girls named Grace in my class, so since 1 of them wore glasses, me and my mom would refer to her as “Glasses Grace” Then, one person me and my mom called “Jelly Sandwich” because of something that happened in the first couple days of school with an activity in my science class.

1 Like

@heavenbound, I also had a relief teacher, a couple of years later, (at my second high school) who I called Mr Weasley.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity