Do you join the official Episode Contests?

I’ve only wanted to join a handful of the contests but never had the time for them. I did try to enter the College Days contest with my friend but missed the deadline by a few minutes. We are revamping the whole story now anyway to make it better. I feel like they really don’t give you much time to make the Episode Contests. That is another reason me and @Some_Kid decided to make our own contest for Episode on this forum. I did try to join the Fairy Tale one but I’m just making that one on my own time instead. I actually take points from the Episode contests to make stories since they are pretty good prompts to go by.

Have you joined the official Episode Contests? Did you win a contest? Why did you not want to join the contests?

@Episodians

3 Likes

I entered the Squad contest, but my story didn’t do too well despite the fact that I tried promoting it as much as possible.
It was probably because of these reasons:

1. There was no romance in my story; it was based strictly on friendship and family relationships.
  2. The premise was about five women with very distinct personalities chosen to write for an app, but by the fourth chapter, they already started getting along. So I guess there wasn’t enough internal conflict.
  3. I didn’t promote other stories as much as I should have, because I had a lot going on in my personal life during the contest period.

I decided to enter that contest because I already had an idea about a friendship story before the contest was announced. I almost entered Star Power, and I would have liked to enter Missed Connections and Kiss and Tell, but I didn’t have any ideas until after the contest deadline had ended.

2 Likes

I understand that. I’m not big on promoting like I should be either for my stories when I first wrote them. I wanted to join the Missed Connections one as well.

1 Like

because I can’t code to save my life :eyes:

1 Like

Understandable, I’m not the best at it either.

1 Like

I’ve tried to… but just gave up in the end :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually will once I’m done with the ink and LL version of my story. It can boost attention to my platform and if I won the next story will have tons of eyes

1 Like

That will be good!

The only one I’ve joined is the R&R contest. I wanted to join SWY as well, but I didn’t have enough time because of college :pensive:

@Episodians How many Episode contests have you entered?

1 Like

I probably will once I finished the story I’m already working on

Just one.

1 Like

I did join some contests but my stories never did well. One reason why I kinda stopped

Closed due to inactivity