Do you like any foreign tv shows?

With streaming platforms and the internet, it’s now easier to access content from other countries and content in foreign languages. Do you like any tv shows that are foreign to your native language?

@ ScreenSloths

2 Likes

litarraly evryone who is not from the USA, is like yeah because almost everything is made in America.

1 Like

i was about to say that haha
most shows i watch are foreign (bc my country produces mostly telenovelas and bad comedies)

2 Likes

There is this one french cartoon called Miraculous Ladybug that’s actually really good. Yeah, it’s for way younger children, but the plot content isn’t cheesy and it deals with surprisingly mature topics through somewhat of a superhero romance drama.

It’s also totally fanart/fandom content if anyone wants to bother ~

2 Likes

There’s a show on Netflix that I love, and although it is in my language, it’s from another Spanish-speaking country. It’s called Go! Vive a Tu Manera, and it’s an Argentinian musical series. I’ve been obsessed with it since January. Even though it’s for teens, I love the characters, the songs, and there’s enough drama to keep me engaged and wanting to know what will happen next.

1 Like

Yeah, American shows…

Yep, Hollywood, Korean, and Chinese are some I really like to watch.

1 Like

Other than the news channel and some theatrics we don’t have any film production so everything I watch is foreign to me because my first language is a specific dialect ugdtxdaydf

There was a broad options of shows to watch when I was younger though. I remember my parents and sister loved watching telenovelas I technically wasn’t allowed to but I sneakily watched some parts + sometimes I’d watch it at my neighbour’s place. We had a lot of French tv shows and most shows that were originally in English were dubbed in French for us (e.g Pokemon, Gossip Girl etc.).

These days I’m more into modern Korean dramas, Thai dramas, and historical Chinese dramas though. I watch Japanese movies and anime once in a while but not as much as I used to. I hardly watch any English shows or movies anymore but I watched many when I was younger.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity