Do you like studying foreign languages?

Most schools offer courses in foreign languages for the students to take, some are even offered as extra-curricular courses. In some cases, those courses are mandatory and required for graduation. Some students love taking them and others would rather not. Do you like studying foreign languages? Why or why not?

6 Likes

Yes! It was my favourite thing in high school! I was studying both English and German but we also had French.
I would really like to learn French, Swedish and Spanish!

2 Likes

I didn’t study any at school
We only had Arabic and Russian and you couldn’t join Russian class if you didn’t know Russian (go figure)
I only tried learning with duolingo and it sucks pretty much
But I really want to learn more languages

1 Like

French is still one of my favourite courses! Most people don’t like it because they’re forced to take it from grade 4 to grade 9. My school also offers Mandarin and Spanish, but I chose to stick with French.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s really fun :eyes:

4 Likes

Yes, I enjoy it alot! I love learning new words and phrases. I’m learning Mandarin right now.

yeah, i don’t like it at all tbh, i downloaded a seperate app for my specific language

2 Likes

Oui, unless the teacher is an evil goose from hell :eyes::eyes:

5 Likes

:flushed:

1 Like

Don’t tell anyone, but I know from experience that evil geese from hell are very bad languages teachers :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

My lips are sealed.

1 Like

I like it, but it’s hard :eyes:

1 Like

I love to study foreign languages but i’ll be stressed out more because you have to sit them for exams and it’s listed in your grades, as much as I love it, it’shard and you have another thing to focus on.

2 Likes

No, not at all. It takes me FOREVER to get my head around learning the basics, let alone learning a full language. HAHA. What about you, @WolfGamerGirl37?

1 Like

It takes me a bit of time as well. I have to be really invested in order to learn the new language. I need to start using Duolingo again though I usually don’t carry earphones on me since I play games with the sound off. I did try to learn Japanese than started on Spanish but I got distracted after a bit.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA! That totally sounds like something I’d do.

1 Like

Lol yep! Not surprising!

1 Like

HAHAHAHA. Thanks?

Closed due to inactivity