Do you notice the authors of a book?

Usually, when I read I always check the author but then later I forget if I don’t like the book. But if I like the books, I will remember the author always. For example, Jacqueline Wilson, Rachel Renée Russell, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, J.K Rowling.

@/Discussions

1. What are your favorite books and authors?
  2. Do you always know the authors of books?
5 Likes

Same! It’s always the fondness that makes me remember something!

1 Like

I only remember certain authors names. It depends on how much I liked the series and how many times I read it.

1 Like

I don’t usually check for the author, but I will typically recognize if the author is a name I’m super familiar with

1 Like

I mean, I always have authors I support which I like to search for. Or if I rlly like a book I’ll keep note on who wrote it for their other work

1 Like

Yes and no. When I go to the bookstore I always look for books my favorite authors have written because I already love their work and it’s a safe option. Tracy Chevalier, for example.
But if I find a book that seems interesting to me and I don’t recognize the author I will remember them only if I like that book.

1 Like

Barely ever :sweat_smile: Most of the time I don’t even look at the authors name. I notice the name on online books more often thank real books.

yes always

Yes, if my favourite authors come out with something then I’ll want to read it more.

And added tags.

like actually met them in person or…

girl! Rick Riordan is a classic. most of his books cause educatio to be fun!

Yes, if I love the author’s previous books. What about you @Discussions/@Bookworms?

1 Like

My favourite Author is Niel Gaiman, he wrote quite a few of my favourites, The Graveyard Book, The Ocean at The End of The Lane

Although special mention to Derek Landy, he wrote the Skulduggery Pleasent series

Yes, it’s often written in big letters on the front

@Bookworms what do you guys think?

Personally, I don’t really care that much about who the author of a book is, as long as the back of the book grabs my attention, that’s all that matters…

Fixed a tag, some emojis and quoting!

If I really like a book, I’m going to remember the name so I can look for more by the same author

Hmm yes, I do remember the authors of my favorite books that way I could keep up with new additions to the series. Kind of do they same with my otome stories. I remember the company they are connected too. Mainly Voltage Inc’s otome app. Since they do not list a the names of the writers. These are top that I can remember other than J.K Rowling books.

Christine Feehan
Sherilyn Kenyon
Nora Roberts
Kerrilyn Sparks
Erin Hunter group

1 Like

If I really love a book, I usually start making my way through the author’s backlog, or at least looking at what else they’ve written and seeing if it intrigues me. After that, I can usually remember their name. And I remember the name of a bunch of authors I’ve been meaning to get to because I think I’ll enjoy their work, but haven’t actually gotten around to reading it yet.

Ursula K Le Guin! I’ve thought she was a cool old lady for a while, but I started my first of her novels (the Dispossessed) last month-- I’ve read two of her other works since, and usually I leave it at least a couple of months before reading anything by the same author. I love her writing! Luckily, my local bookstore has caught on to this and many more of her books have been appearing on their shelves. I love that little shop so much :DD

Maybe Terry Pratchett too-- I don’t look for his books in shops, but I do go out of my way to look for them online, and on disused shelves of my relatives. I like having them in the same edition, and it’s not the standard uk-paperback size so the modern editions would look out of place.

There are a couple of other authors where I’ve loved one or two of their books, but haven’t read any further yet, and I don’t yet feel it’s true to call them a ‘favourite author’ of mine, just ‘authors of my favourite books’.

Definitely not! I’m not really one to often have go-to authors; I’m too lazy for that! I have a few authors who’s name I’ll recognise, and who’s books I’ll pick up if I see them in a charity shop or library, but only a couple I actively look for when going to new-book shops. And even then I’m usually looking for particular books, rather than anything by a particular author.