Do you only watch Anime, read manga, or both?

Personally I watch a lot more anime because I have yet to really read a lot of manga. I’ve been considering buying some mangas though! If you read manga more, what are some you reccomend?

1 Like

I…can’t read manga…

I watch more anime than read manga because I prefer animation more. Although sometimes I prefer manga because it’s quicker to consume. For mangas, I personally prefer Seinen over Shounen because some themes in Seinen manga aren’t translated well in anime. Meanwhile, I prefer Shounen (particularly battle shounen) in anime since they are heavy on action scenes which look way better when animated right.

I don’t read manga more but I can recommend Naoki Urasawa’s works (Monster and 20th Century Boys). I also recommend the later parts of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure if you’ve already seen the anime.

At first I watched more anime, but now I read more manga.

I only watch anime. I can’t read manga because I can’t handle that it’s backwards.

It really depends because sometimes one can just be a better experience than the other. I like ti give both a chance though so I definitely don’t only do one or the other.

Scratch that. I just finished my first manga yesterday.

Reading Blue Exorcist now~

I would read manga and watch anime. Though I will admit I had to pick manga or novels when it came to reading. Like I can’t read both together at the same time. Now, I haven’t been reading much manga or watching any animes. The closest would be me reading otome stories.

My middle brother loves anime and manga-- he’s been trying to get me into it for years, now. I’ve read a little manga, but my anime viewership extends as far as half of the spoof-dub of ghost stories, and a single, lone episode of mha several years ago. Excluding, that is, the one-off episodes I’ll see whenever I join one of my siblings when they happen to be into a show (as such I think I recall seing a couple of episodes of atla, and a few of kakegurui). I was also traumatised by Spirited Away as a youth.

I do really want to watch Dungeon Meshi, though! I’m pretty sure Damien Haas voiced one of the main characters, so I’ll probably watch it at some point. And my best friend was really into Haikyuu at some point so that’s also on my radar.

Manga-wise I’ve read two volumes of assassination classroom, two volumes of a fairytale-inspired manga that I’ve since forgotten the name of, and have been tasked with reading the first volume of One Piece by my afformentioned middle brother. Said brother also has several other mangas he is eagerly awaiting introducing me to. And I’m currently, by my own volition, considering reading spy x family.

1 Like

Scratch that. It’s weird٫ but I’m doing it.