Do you open your books narrowly or widely when reading?

Umm I don’t know why someone would want to open their books narrowly when reading though.:thinking::sweat_smile:
When I’m reading books especially Nancy Drew series and others books I have, I lay on my bed while my book widely open. :relieved::v:t5:

• Do you open your books narrowly or widely when reading?
    @/Bookworms
2 Likes

I don’t know. Somewhere in between, ‘cause I don’t wanna damage the spine but don’t barely open it either.

1 Like

I don’t like the sound books make if you open them all the way, I also don’t like it when people fold their books to read one page at a time, I prefer holding it so that each half of the book is obviously open but not too wide. If I had it too narrow I wouldn’t be able to read and it’d be like I was reading in secret because I’d have to put my face really close to it.

2 Likes

Ohh right, yeah that makes sense :thinking:

Same :sweat_smile:

1 Like

… I hold it normally.

4 Likes

Hmm… I have no idea. Depends, I guess

wtf does that even mean-

1 Like

In between yeah. I open it enough for me to see, but not too much especially if it’s new because I might potentially damage it

It depends on the type of book and how new it is. I tend to open hardcover books widely, but not so much with softcover books, especially brand new softcovers.

I open my books narrowly because I don’t want to damage anything :sweat_smile: The only book I really opened widely were the ones we got from school to read for classes. But my own books, I’d never open them more than I have to :joy:

Oh I got new books and I realized I open them narrowly because I don’t want to ruin them :sob:

…Yeah.

Normally. :smiley:

@Bookworms are you normal readers when it comes to holding the book or are you insane?

1 Like

Um…what?

1 Like

I agree with Alex, whaaat?

Usually I open them as far as I can without damaging the book, so I guess somewhere in between :joy:

1 Like

I was continuing my joke from awhile back because narrowly and widely are insane ways to read it to me. I think it needs to be in between, or did lmao.

1 Like

I just took the question as narrowly meaning only opening it as far as you needed without causing the book much damage.

Fixed a tag and some emojis