Do you prefer a series in which the events happen in order, or where the events happen randomly? Which genre series do you like the most?

Summary and my opinion

I’m curious. And in case anyone doesn’t know what I mean, I mean like in some sitcoms, books, and movies, the events in which things happen tend to occur in order, before the season finale and final episode where we say goodbye to our characters (or the final book or movie, where the writer or director feels the need to end the series where everything was resolved).

For me, it doesn’t really matter as long as I can understand what the event is and why it’s happening. But I do prefer watching cartoon and sitcom series because they’re fun to watch, and the length is just right (30 minutes to 1 hour). What about you guys?

• What’s your favorite series genre? (Example: I like a mystery series because I get to discover more and more things happening around the minor characters. I didn’t know what else to put. :sweat_smile:)

• What’s your favorite series in that genre? (Example: My favorite cartoon series is Hey Arnold! because it’s funny and I can relate to young or old life in the 90s.)

• Do you prefer a series in which the events happen in order (like a real-life sitcom)? Or do you prefer when the events happen randomly (like a cartoon)?

• When do you think it’s necessary for a show, movie, or book to become a series?

• When do you think a series has become too long and it needs to end already?

@ Discussions

2 Likes

Moved to the Film and TV category and added tags!

I’ll come back to this after classes!

1 Like

No, I’m not writing a full sentence to bump up this thread, what are you talking about? :sweat_smile:

• What’s your favorite series genre? (Example: I like a mystery series because I get to discover more and more things happening around the minor characters. I didn’t know what else to put. :sweat_smile:)

Mystery, thriller, horror

• What’s your favorite series in that genre? (Example: My favorite cartoon series is Hey Arnold! because it’s funny and I can relate to young or old life in the 90s.)

The show Dark

• Do you prefer a series in which the events happen in order (like a real-life sitcom)? Or do you prefer when the events happen randomly (like a cartoon)?

I like both. As long as it’s interesting and I can understand It.

• When do you think it’s necessary for a show, movie, or book to become a series?

If there is a mystery or new story lines to explore.

• When do you think a series has become too long and it needs to end already?

I don’t know honestly. I think the most should be 10 seasons for a show and for books it should be like 8?

2 Likes

Horror, fantasy and drama!

The Originals and The Supernatural!

In order, definitely! But I also like when they put in some flashbacks and you can’t really figure out what’s happening because you don’t really know if that’s something that happened a while ago or it’s happening currently

Hm… I don’t know. I never thought about. If you want to make something into a series, go for it!

1 Like

Same as with movies, I prefer romance and drama, maybe a bit of fantasy and mystery.

I don’t really have a favourite right now. There are a few series I like but I enjoy them all the same

I prefer the events to happen on order mostly, but sometimes randomly can be good as well.

@ScreenSloths What do you prefer?

1 Like

If made well then I like when the events are jumbled, but it has to be a good story for this to work.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity