Do you read your writing aloud to spot mistakes?

I have some friends who always read their writing aloud to find mistakes but I never do that because I don’t really understand how it should make it easier to find mistakes :sweat_smile:

Do you read your writing aloud?
Does it really help you find mistakes?

1 Like

I only really do it to help with grammer

1 Like

Sometimes…

1 Like

Not much. When I do, that’s when you’ll know my mind is full of things or I’m just genuinely confused because I’m in one of those days where I just have no flesh in my brain at all for some unknown reason.

I think it might be beneficial, because it helps you know if it sounds natural or something because sometimes your mind just can’t do it alone.

1 Like

Nope I don’t. I will read over it in my head multiple times, sometimes at differing speeds, but I don’t read it out loud unless I have to for some reason.

What about you guys @Writers

2 Likes

I do, yeah :grimacing:
I focus on my writing more when I’m reading it aloud

2 Likes

Not for Episode but for everything else… yeah. You can define/find your voice more when reading it out loud, find errors and get better pacing.

I also do it because I love reading stuff aloud lol, especially to other people if they let me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, however, I have to wait a couple of weeks to a month before I can truly read it properly without my brain autocorrecting things subconsciously.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity