Do you see yourself RPing for your whole life?

Well the title says it all.

• so you think you’ll be RPing your whole life?
  • Will it be online or in a different RP form?
  • Would you introduce your kids to RPing if you would get them?
  • Would you try to get your partner into RP’ing?

Personally, I do want to keep going in one form or another. I love this form of writing and I like improv theather/ Theater Sport as well.

• if it’s up to me I’ll be doing it my whole life,
  • But I’m not sure in which form.
  • I do want to see if my kids would like a form of RPing like this, especially if it’s close to what we’re doing on this forum and if my kid has dyslexia like I have.
  • I would definitely make my partner try it, but if they don’t like it, that’s okay as long as they are okay with me liking it.

What about you @RPers, would you rp for your whole life?
(or at least even when you’re 40+)

4 Likes

Hope so! It’s a great form of writing!

1 Like

Same here!! If not then writing one shots haha

2 Likes

it truly is. for me it’s the whole reason I’m back to writing when I hit a wall.

1 Like

I can’t see myself not RPing but I also can’t see myself RPing when I’m like married with kids so it do be a dilemma

I hope so though, it’s such a fun way to pass the time

added le #opinion tag

3 Likes

SAME :sob: :skull: like i never wanna even tell my partner so-
idk what im gonna do but i also… want to continue? so i guess we will see :joy:

ty for the tags (again)~

1 Like

Me too! I don’t plan to giving up RPing any time soon.

1 Like

I feel like people have a bit of a bad image still of role playing as it’s either something dirty or they see the LARPers as their definition of all RPs.

I still feel the best way to describe written RPs is: the written form of improve acting.

What’s that?

1 Like

What’s wrong with LARPing though? I know a few people here that LARP.

YES!

1 Like

Nothing in my opinion, but I know a bunch if people who put their nose up for it.

Honsetly, I miss castlefest because those LARPers are so amazing and take so much time and effort into their costumes as well. There are people who take their kids as well, it’s their family tradition to dress up as a fantasy creature and embrace that style and I LOVE IT.

I mean, what’s not to like?

Live.Action.Role.Playing.

2 Likes

Ohh okay

2 Likes

That’s a hard question. I love rping but I don’t know if I can see myself doing that when I hopefully get a real job and have a family
I don’t know, we’ll see, but I do know I’ll be doing it for a while

1 Like

OMG! That’d be sooo much fun to experience, just look how many people there are. All the different costumes and characters embracing each other. WOW.

1 Like

if you’re ever in the Netherlands around begin of August, let me know and we go together :smirk:
2 years ago I went for the first time and it was amazing

1 Like

YES! Definitely! It’s a future plan!!!

1 Like

yesssss

1 Like

Added a tag

Honestly, its hard to say. I suppose it depends on where life takes me. For the foreseeable future though, I plan to keep RPing. RPing is an amazing way of writing that works extremely well for me. I love getting to put my mind into the characters and creating intricate plots and writing.

2 Likes

It’s not predictable, though I would love to see myself still lurking around and roleplaying. I just think that it’s a great way to exercise writing and improve writing on characters, and that’s what I love the most about this. But frankly? I don’t see myself RPing my whole life. It might go “out of fashion,” or it might be hard to find them somewhere in the future. Or my old self probably won’t even write anymore xD There will come a time when I need to take a long (and perhaps infinite) break from this.

Added a tag ^~^

2 Likes

I say yes, mainly ‘cause I don’t see myself quitting writing.