Do you set deadlines for yourself when you’re writing?

I tend to procrastinate a lot on writing lately :sweat_smile: So I tried setting deadlines for myself so I’ll finish a certain amount of chapters at a certain time. However, I’m not really sure if it’s helping me or if it makes me procrastinate even more :sweat_smile:

Do you set deadlines for yourself when you’re writing?
And does it help you to write more?

2 Likes

uh
never tried it cus I know I’ll stress myself out lmao

2 Likes

Same :pensive: and then I’ll procrastinate.

2 Likes

i do not because whenever i try i seem to just ignore them while also getting overwhelmed by them

1 Like

i try to give myself deadlines but
i’m a procrastinator at heart and i leave things til last moment, so no matter how much time i gave myself with the deadline, i’ll be writing at midnight trying to finish writing my thing to publish (and then i have to run things through my beta so i rarely ever make it to my deadline)

but also, one thing i have found that does kinda work for me? is telling myself i can’t start another project until i finish the one i’m working on
that motivates me enough to work on my writing sometimes

4 Likes

I try but always fail. That’s why I love the Tapas scheduling, though I seem to fail at that too.

2 Likes

I don’t because it will work against my creative thought process and flow since I keep pressuring myself that the deadline is coming closer.

2 Likes

Imagine setting deadlines for yourself :star_struck:
I can’t take myself seriously, so that wouldn’t help anyways :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Something that has really helped me with my current story is setting a publishing schedule.
I’ve started publishing a new chapter every other Sunday at 9 AM, and so far, I’ve been able to stick to the schedule. Most of the time, I finish writing the episode a half-week before it’s due to publish, so in those cases, I start writing the next chapter.
This week, it was hard to get a lot of writing done because I’ve had a lot of work, but I’ve only got a few more lines to code before finishing the chapter that’s due tomorrow morning.

Do you have a publishing schedule, @Writers?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m just trying to start doing a publishing schedule now, but I’m already getting behind

2 Likes

I write miscs for BR which is just something I do for fun and not for someone to reply to it so I guess that counts and I can comment on that? I sometimes do set deadlines simply because I can’t wait to see my final work but that only makes everything… not good. You shouldn’t rush writing

1 Like

I tried that but it does not work

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity