Do you think an RP/SG about a music group or band could work?

I think it would be able to work if it focused on the drama between a band or the beginning of a band. It would probably work better as an SG than an RP.
If someone would to really consider it, it could be about a band competition with different levels of competition. Then the people in each band could choose a song (a cover of it) to sing while an audience votes on it.

Okay, so here are some questions:

• Do you, dear reader, think it could work?
  • If it did work, would you rather it be an RP or an SG?
  • What kind of band would you want your character to be in?
  • Would you participate in it?
7 Likes

I think we can actualky manage to pull it, especially as an SG or RP-SG. I’ll probably participate in it, but that’s gonna heavily depend on the plot and how attractive it is to me.

2 Likes

Since it’s a band, my initial thoughts are that it will be a small group RP with maybe four to seven people so every user would have one character. Maybe you’d have the manager and a few other staff members, but it would be pretty small. That’s totally fine, it means more time spent on the actual interactions and that all characters follow a similar plotline instead of branching off to do their own things.

So yes, I think it would totally work out. I see it as more of an SG thing because of the smaller number, but that could also be my interpretation.

If it’s a cover band, then the characters are probably never going to be as big. It seems more of a western orientation if they go the route. Maybe they try to land gigs at local bars at first before advancing on. It also depends on what stage you want the band to start in.

Then there is the plot. The basic one could be getting the fame they want or landing the dream gig. In between, it’s certainly a story that could hold many side stories and moments throughout.

3 Likes

I remember that Brinn, from EF, started a band SG at the beginning of last year. It was a pity that she never continued it.

1 Like

Ooh yes

1 Like

Maybe a small group rp could be nice

1 Like

Hm… maybe?

1 Like

That’s kind of what I was thinking. Theres just still issues of what would happen in the RP.

i think it could worki participated in one or two back in EF, if i recall correctly
if it is about a band competition, i’d say SG with some RP aspects (so like, SG chapter comes out, people RP one scene based on the choices the chapter gives them, which sets up the next chapter, cue next chapter)but overall, i think SG would fit better

2 Likes

This seems like it would be fun as a small group RP where everyone would work together with ideas for the plot :eyes:

1 Like

Yesss, agreed. I just feel bad when I can’t accept someone.

1 Like

added the #bands tag

1 Like

oop this gives me an idea lowkey

1 Like

:eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

Potentially I could see a band/music competition type of thing working as an SG, but what I would really see as best would be a 1x1 or small group. Maybe 4 RPers at most, and it could be about the band itself. About the relationships between the band mates and their fame. I’d be interested in doing something like that as a 1x1 or small group.

Also added tags

1 Like