Do you think art has medicinal value?

Something I’ve learned is that art is great for mental health!
You don’t have to be “an artist” to create, anyone can do art! It relieves stress, encourages creative thinking, increases brain plasticity, and many other things. Expressing ourselves through art can help us with depression, anxiety… I’ve done a little research and it’s shown that creating can reduce stress and promote relaxation in people who are hospitalized or homebound due to illness.

@/Artists, what do you think about it? Do you think art has medicinal value?

2 Likes

Yes. Art can also be used to check a person’s internal aspects, like the psychological stuff. And I agree creation does relieve a person as it is also a way to express your emotions.

1 Like

Definitely, it’s a stress-relieving activity and it distracts the patients from their pain. A great way to express your feelings if you’re feeling down.

Art actually plays a good part in psychological assessment as well as being therapeutic for many. Yes, it’s valuable when it comes to mental health, but I don’t know much about the physical health aspect of it. Does anyone on here have research about that? I’m kind of curious. @Artists , maybe you know a think or two? :thinking:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity