Do you think books make good gifts?

Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with good ideas for gifts, especially for people you don’t know that well. I often just look for a good book that I know the person will like if I can’t come up with anything better :smile:

Do you think books make good gifts?

4 Likes

Yes! I know a lot of people that like getting books, it really just depends on the person.

3 Likes

If you know the person reads, then of course :+1:
Assuming you can pick a book that they’ll like :eyes:

I’m a picky reader so I’d be hard to shop for :joy:

4 Likes

It depends if the person likes books and if they like the book you give them. Books come in many different genres 99% are romance, so it can be hard to get someone the perfect book, unless of course, you know them well.

2 Likes

if the person likes to read then it’s good gift and even if they don’t like to read them i’m sure they will appreciate it and try to read it especially if it’s a genre they are into :smile:

1 Like

Very much depends on the book. Two years ago, my brother gave me Bandi’s ‘The Accusation’ for Christmas. I’m… Still wondering what he was thinking. If he was thinking at all :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It depends on the book. You just have to know…
A. if the person likes to read
B. what types of books they like
C. if they already own that book or not

1 Like

I really like reading books but tbh I don’t like receiving them cause I’m a veryyyyy picky reader and if they buy a book for me I don’t like, I’d feel bad cause it’s wasted money :joy:

1 Like

I think they make good gifts, you just have to be careful to make sure it’s something that the person is interested in

1 Like

They are :eyes:

1 Like

Especially if there’s specific reason to getting a specific book that is special or unique to you in any way

1 Like

It depends on the person, and the book. If it’s a book that you know for certain they would like and/or they are an avid reader a book can make for a great gift!

2 Likes

Or if you learn who their favorite author is, I think that would be a lot more easier for you to find the perfect book to give!

And yes, for me, it does make a good gift… but at some situations, it doesn’t. As some people stated above, it may not be the book the person given might like so… yeah, it may be kinda a waste?

2 Likes

No, they make eyemazing gifts!

1 Like

Only if you are 100% sure that the person will like it. Some people are very picky readers or don’t read at all, so getting a random book for them would be a bad idea. So please only get people books if you know what they like :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity