Do you think Death Note could be improved? (Blur Spoilers please)

My answer is yes and the improvements are spoilers therefore I blur them

It really should have ended with Light winning and there was no need to carry on after L’s death

@AnimeNerds what do you think?

3 Likes

YES. Just stop at episode 25. I did.

1 Like

I’m fine with the way it ended, I think it made sense.

I was hoping Light would win because I love a good villain, but you can see all the little mistakes he like kept making so it wouldn’t have made sense. L dying made sense to me too as getting rid of the overpowered detective guy.

2 Likes

True but remember Light was the protagonist! Him making mistakes was almost a way of watching his growth and path to his ultimate goal, with that said I do get you

1 Like

Light is a great example of a villain protagonist

1 Like

He truly is, you see his journey and flaws along the way and L often seems to have an edge over him until Light finally gets a win, the pieces of his plan fall into place. After we’ve watched him work on his strategy this whole time it paid off, this nonbattle battle story where the battles were tactical and made sense was rad.

With that said, the show after L just felt like a bunch of Deus Ex Machina. Like, L was really so smart that he actually wasn’t outsmarted and this was his grand plan overall? Doesn’t feel like anything was paid off, it feels like Light was set up for a loss.

The narrative is that Light is kinda unhinged so there isn’t even an argument to be made that Light winning would have made it seem like what he was doing was right.

1 Like

That’s so true, I’ve watched a few episodes and I did not know a second part existed after Light’s death. Also are Light and L the same person? I never understood it.

1 Like

No, they’re very different. L is a lot less…morally grey. What I mean is that he’s definitely a hero, while Light is an anti hero.

1 Like

There isn’t a second part after Light’s death but there is a like, reflective thing in existance where a Shinigami implied to be Light asks Ryuk what happened. Also L is the detective that sits funny on chairs and Light is the protagonist

1 Like

Oh.

Oh wow… wow. So L is the one who looks sleep deprived while Light is the guy with the brown hair?

1 Like

Bahahaha! Yes, exactly. Very sleep deprived. Dude’s got some serious eye bags.

1 Like

Oh

Yeah they shouldve

let Misa live her best life instead of committing no more alive

Misa deserved better

2 Likes

Yes. I didn’t even get to that point, though. I just got tired so stopped after L died.

1 Like

I think light shouldve lost after L died. Honestly, that whole plan that Light did was a non-plan from the beginning it didnt really accomplish anything. And, this could be my morals speaking but i just hate how L got killed because it still makes no sense. Like before the plan, Light asked that Shinigami to kill L and they wouldve done it if not for L doing the play of assuming Light is Kira if he dies. However, after the plan, basically nothing shouldve changed from that assumption. Its like they made both characters too smart to die so they HAD to dumb them down or pull some excuse to introduce new worse characters. I honestly never wanted Kira to win, but the ending where he losses was so unsatisfying bc Near acts like they won befause their teamwork was brtter than L BUT they just got way luckier than L ever did. I always felt like the cool detective that L was just got spat on for the sake of idk something worse.

im not good at explaining things so ill just link this video which gave me some more insight on the series after a while and made me more upset at L’s death How Death Note Got Bad | Big Joel - YouTube

1 Like

I DONT AGREE WITH THE CONTINUATION OF THE ANIME AFTER L DIED. Mans should have came back or had been a clone and pretended to die and then won like BRUh. Or not. I like either tbh. L didn’t deserve death.

2 Likes

slams hands on table YES. That’s why I stopped.

1 Like