Do you think Episode should have chosen smaller authors as winners of the DL contest?

There was quite a bit of controversy when the Double Life winners were announced, because most of them were authors who already have a huge following. Many people were upset that hardly any lesser-known authors’ stories were chosen.

What do you think about this? Were there any stories by lesser-known authors that didn’t win but that should have won?

I don’t even remember what stories won now, and I don’t see the DL shelf on the app, but I do remember that it mostly being well-known authors.

@Episodians

2 Likes

Hmmm…yeah, I see the issue. I think lesser known authors should’ve been chosen.

2 Likes

This is the case for most contests though, no? Plus, the changing of the algorithm for story ranking doesn’t help newer or less known authors in the slightest.

This happens most of the time for contests. Hence why I haven’t participated since the Fairy Tales contest (that, and school, along with serious writer’s block.)

But it sucks though, and makes people lose interest in Episode. Smaller authors should always get a chance to win these contests.

1 Like

Honestly, yes.

2 Likes

I think if they read every story and they believed those were the best, I think the results are fine. If they didn’t read all, then. :woman_shrugging:t2: Nah, it wouldn’t be fair. Idk how the algorithm works there tbh.

2 Likes

Nah, they don’t. They read maybe 10-20% of the stories. They’ve admitted this.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity