Do you think rewriting your story makes it better?

If you get great feedback that helps you understand where to make the right changes, then yes! I think rewriting your story will help you in the very end in more ways than one. For instance, @RainbowCat’s reviews are beneficial to writers. I would recommend getting a review if you are struggling with writing your story. Though don’t assume all feedback is helpful when asking for other’s opinions. My reason for saying this is that if they don’t fully point out what to fix, you’ll get stuck in that whirlwind of not knowing what to do next. Some people will not give great feedback because they aren’t used to doing so, and other reasons leading to them answering that way. Always be open to feedback in general; it’s just up to you on what you do with that feedback.

@Writers
@Episodians
@TapasTeam
@WattpadWizards

4 Likes

I always tend to re-write parts of my story before I publish.

You don’t know how many times I’ve edited chapter 1 of my story

2 Likes

That’s always a good way to go about it!

1 Like

Revamping or just editing?

2 Likes

I guess both in a sense.

2 Likes

Oh, 'cause I edit things all the time, but only seldom do I revamp.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do that sometimes too. I’m going to try to work on my story tonight.

1 Like

Every new version (or edited version) is better than the last. I’ve written and re-written a story for the last decade or so to try to boil it down to the core so that it becomes more impactful in hopes of it becoming more impactful.

I think it can. I consider a story to be something you’re always working on. Even when I publish my stories, I still edit/proofread them to keep working on it, builiding it to be the best story it can be.

Editing parts of the story, yes. But whenever I tried to completely rewrite a story, it ended up worse than before :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Redrafting is a good thing. It definitely can help to a point. However, if you redraft too much, eventually you’re just splitting hairs and procrastinating from publishing

1 Like

Yes, I still stand by what I said when I first made this thread. There is always ways to improve a story. This is only good with digitally published stories that allow you to edit them. You would have rewrite the entire then publish it again if it was a physical book only.

Do you think rewriting your story makes it better?

@Writers

2 Likes

i mean, i think this can also be used with a physically published thing’s drafting stages

but yeah in general i do think rewriting can improve a story
rewriting a chapter when the final ones are done can be a good way to both fix loose ends and add some better foreshadowing or something that will be important in the end, even if it’s just a word or something
it can also help with improving the flow of the story and sentences in general if you’re rewriting them with a fresh perspective / doing so after letting the first version “rest” a bit

1 Like

Sometimes yes for sure. The further you are into a story, the more plotlines and stuff happen which can for example make you change your mind on previous scenes and stuff. But I’ve also had times where I ended up still liking the first version better either way. In that was it can actually be helpful as well, sometimes rewriting something shows your first version wasn’t that bad after all…

2 Likes