Do you think that COVID-19 restrictions are being (or were) lifted too early?

A lot of places have been lifting their COVID-19 restrictions recently, allowing people to more freely interact with each other. However, the virus still exists and can be spread more easily as restrictions are lifted.

• Have restrictions been lifted where you are?
  • What kinds of restrictions do you have now?
  • Do you think that the restrictions are being lifted too early?

The restrictions in my area have lessened, but I don’t think that it was a good idea because that helps the virus to spread more easily. I don’t have any good statistics on the matter, unfortunately, so it’s hard to say exactly how well restrictions have worked and determine concrete effects caused by the restrictions being lifted…

@Discussions

14 Likes

Where I live we barely have restrictions now, the only thing pretty much is that you’re still obligated to walk around with a mask, and that’s it
There are parties, schools and all, people are gathering.
Obviously I’m enjoying that because quarantine sucks, but I still think it was a bad move.

3 Likes

In my country, they lifted the restrictions way too early. We used to have something like a curfew where you can’t go outside past it, but once it was removed, the virus started spreading even faster.

We still have to wear masks when shopping and stay at a 2m distance, but not a lot of people follow those rules either. Worst of all is that they’re planning to have school start again in September.

1 Like

Where I live the restrictions have been lifted. The only thing we have left is to wear masks and get home by 10pm.

At some point the virus was under control and the amount of cases weren’t that much but since they took down the restrictions, the virus has been spreading x4 faster.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say too early but I would definitely say they are giving everyone a false security by walking back everything said in recent weeks. The virus is still out there but it’s like everyone forgot about it until the numbers started rising again. I definitely agree with temp checking in certain areas that are known hot spots. Though I hope people would realize they need to stay home if they are truly ill with anything feverous.

4 Likes

Yep! Totally! In the US places like beaches have like opened and obviously people aren’t gonna wear masks there and it just drives me insane. I have tried to very much limit the time I spend in the outside world. I’ve only been to the mall and that was because my sister was promised a shopping spree for her birthday but due to the coronavirus, never got it, and since our grandparents were paying for it and they’d be leaving soon to go on vacation (to somewhere isolated- not many people) they wanted to get the shopping in. We were extremely careful. We wore masks and I put hand sanitizer on everytime I saw one at the mall (there were hand sanitizer stations at escalators) and before eating there me and my sister washed our hands before touching our food. But we were shocked when we saw people not wearing masks! Especially when there is a rise in cases! We haven’t even gotten the second wave yet!
It’s fine if you want to go out, just really keep in mind the rise in cases and be extremely cautious. Wear a mask, bring hand sanitizer, and wash your hands before you eat is what I would recommend.

2 Likes

Not yet… though people are leaving the house a little bit more and some have returned to work.
We still have to wear masks everywhere, and in most stores, you must get your temperature taken and you must clean your hands with hand sanitizer before entering.
I do hope the restrictions can be lifted by September… not all the way, but partially. Many schools are planning to have kids with last names from A-N to go twice a week, and O-Z kids the other two days.

1 Like

Yes! Where I live, restaurants are about to be open again (next week I think). Now the numbers are probably about to start going up. :woman_facepalming:t4: They’ve even opened up some clubs and beaches are open too!

1 Like

We are in phase 2. In my area we can go to the mall, and some resturants now. We are required to where masks everywhere though, and they only let a certain amount of people in at a time. I hope its not gonna start going up again tho.

2 Likes

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo EARLY.

Added tags :sunglasses:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity