Do you think the Internet restrains our creativity?

The Internet has definitely made things easier for humans. It’s almost impossible to think of a day wherein we can go without the use of the Internet (especially when the lockdown scenario is concerned).

However, people do say that the Internet has been a major culprit in reducing our creativity. Be it making a project file for school, a PowerPoint presentation for office work, etc, people do use the Internet to get content. While some of us do use it to search for ideas to get some inspiration, many people think that why to scratch your heads for ideas when you can get them easily on the web? And thus our power to think out-of-the-box ideas reduces.

Do you think the Internet restrains creativity?

• Yes. It does hold back our creativity.
  • In some cases, maybe it does.
  • A little, I guess…
  • No. It does not.
  • Can’t say.

0 voters

2 Likes

I think that the internet can both infringe and spark someone’s creativity :thinking:

2 Likes

It usually sparks mine tho :man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing:

2 Likes

woaw diana craetivetiy :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Added tags!

That’s a very interesting thing to think about :thinking:
I do agree that we often look something up because why be creative when we can just find something and modify it to our liking? And that’s a very bad thing! But it can also helps us to be more creative! I know I had to look up some abstract art because I had no idea what to do but it only opened up this whole new world to me and suddenly I had so many ideas

1 Like

It depends on the way you use it, but generally I wouldn’t say so, because even if you look for inspiration, as long as you don’t exactly copy someone’s work, you are being creative. The internet can also motivate people to be more creative by giving people the access to many different supportive communities which can encourage people to create something because they feel seen. It’s easier to share your art on the internet than to get it into an art gallery for example, so there’s much more art on the internet and it can feel more rewarding to be creative this way :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

In my experience, not at all! The internet is where everyone has the chance to share their creativity. This creativity gives others a chance to build off

1 Like

Not really, as people have said, it gives you the chance to share creativity and find inspiration

Closed due to inactivity