Do you think you can find eternal friendships online?

We had this discussion a few weeks ago in a class. Some people said that online friendships will never last forever because everything changes too fast and people can just disappear. Others said that it’s much easier to keep up online friendships because you can talk to those friends whenever you want and wherever you are.

So what do you think? Do you think you can find eternal friendships online?

11 Likes

Yes, definitely! I know two people who have become best friends through an online game. I think a few of my best friendships have been online (shoutout to @ethereal :wink:!). And yes, I agree people can disappear (I’m guilty of that :cry:), but it’s also possible to reconnect just back where you started. I first joined the Episode community to escape real life and I met some great people. At the end of the day, I do prefer in-person communication since there’s so much more to it than words on a screen (hence why video chat is a thing!)

We also live in a world where online dating is a thing, so can’t real and eternal online friendships be a thing as well?

9 Likes

I would say that it’s absolutely possible. But like you said, someone could just disappear and it can be very hard to find that person if you only have their name and some social media accounts. They could disappear due to lack of internet or service, maybe they suddenly get hospitalized, but none of their irl friends or family know that you’re close and you won’t be notified.

I would say that there are different challenges with online and irl friendships and you can absolutely find eternal friendships both ways.

7 Likes

Omg HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS TAG?!
I love you so much and I’m so happy I met you!!! You are one of my closet friends including IRL :heart:

4 Likes

Of course! Being online doesn’t mean that you can’t form a strong friendship! People can also ghost each other just as easily in person, so that’s not really a factor I’d consider

5 Likes

Absolutely

3 Likes

yes, because i personally already have.

3 Likes

Yes, I think it is possible even if there are some challenges.

2 Likes

@Discussions what do you guys think?

5 Likes

yes because >> @Frenchie @Ratty @Camila @Danielle318 << are proof of that :wink: :heart:

5 Likes

:pleading_face::pleading_face::wink::wink:

3 Likes

Yep! Some people here are better than the “friends” i have irl :star_struck::star_struck:

7 Likes

No friendships are eternal. Eventually we all drift away.

5 Likes

spoon :sob::pensive::fist:

4 Likes

DEEP

4 Likes

stop being so emotional and stuff

4 Likes

my friends here are way better than the friends I have IRL, so I guess you can find really good friends and make good friendships here

5 Likes

true, but i don’t even have real life friends lol

6 Likes

I have found mine here, yes. @rozie, @Shahtuta, @raven.is.a.clown

6 Likes

one of my best friends lives in Seattle and the other is currently ignoring me :grinning::gun:

my other “friends” are people who I haven’t talked to in weeks

6 Likes