Do you use MSG when cooking?

MSG is probably an important part when cooking, at least from where I am and where I live. It adds to the flavor which is really appetizing, which is beneficial because I get to eat a lot. Though I don’t use it too much, because it will make the food taste unnatural instead of just enhancing flavor.

@Discussions

• Do you use MSG when cooking?
  • Do you prefer foods with MSG or no MSG?
2 Likes

No, I’ve never cooked with it.
I know that it’s supposedly bad for you, but I’d love to have a tasting of two dishes with and without MSG to see the differents tastes.

Not knowing what MSG is shows that I don’t go near the kitchen

Never even seen what msg looks like lol

I heard it’s bad for you, but I don’t necessarily know what it is. I googled it and found that it’s very common in fast foods, junk foods, and INSTANT NOODLES :exploding_head: which I eat a LOT of on a weekly basis-

A flavour enhancer

1 Like

YES SO YOU EAT IT OK

And yeah about it being bad, I’ve heard of that too, but I haven’t really experienced something like that and everyone is perfectly fine. But yeah, I guess it depends on how you use it?

I don’t purposely put it in my cooking, but it is in a lot of seasonings and sauces, so I guess I have cooked with MSG at times. But once I used a meat tenderizer powder with MSG in it, and I got a headache afterwards, which is why I try to avoid it when possible.

1 Like

My friend is allergic to it.

I’ve never knowingly used it but here’s an article about MSG

Monosodium glutamate (MSG): Is it harmful? - Mayo Clinic.

You can’t even buy that at most of the stores here so I don’t use it. Some asian restaurants use it but not all, I never noticed any big taste differences :woman_shrugging:

@Foodies What about you?

1 Like

I do not. But I don’t really stand on either side of then fence with it, as I don’t know enough about it.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity