Do your characters deal with much inner conflict?

Do your characters deal with much inner conflict?

I think the character that mainly deals with inner conflict is Sadie from Blue Royalty, for me, as she always has a lot of things going on in her head during conversations as she always wants to be on everyone’s good side. So she is constantly watching what she says.

What about other characters?

4 Likes

Ruby from Blue Royalty. Borderline Schizophrenic.

My characters tend to have more inner conflict than external conflicts. All my Blue Royalty characters have stuff going on with plenty of internal conflict. Each for very different reasons.

I think my characters typically lash out at people of they can’t handle their inner conflict.

Though I think it need to work on how they handle it.

How do your characters handle it? @RPers

2 Likes

Depends on the inner conflict
But they usually drink and overthink (just like me)

mine blame everything on themselves and rely on alter egos :grin:
like me

1 Like

When she really breaks, it’s like this.
But until then she will either break down alone or try to handle it alone and stay strong.

A lot of mine bottle it up then explode later.

1 Like

Oh sh*t, after you posted that I realsied it said inner conflict and not inner thoughts expressed and now I feel stupid.

1 Like

My characters are based off of me in some way, sooo…yay.

Mine are too, but mine just blow up in your face, like I do, and never think about their actions because no RP lasts so long for them to regret it later

1 Like

Lol.

1 Like

More than external conflict, arguably :joy:

2 Likes

Doesn’t every character that we create, as writers and creators, for an RP/SG have to face some kind of inner conflict? What do you think, @RPers?

Depends on what you think inner conflict is in this situation. I imagined inner conflict to be to be thoughts of doubt that would either help a person choose something or that would make a person doubt any decision is good.

1 Like

Yes

As I said before, mine deal with so much inner conflict. Inner conflict is much easier for me to write, personally, and I find it so interesting.

Just using a couple of my blue Royalty characters as examples, since each one had so much inner conflict.
For Ketziah, her main inner conflict was with coming to terms with the likelihood that she was going to die young.
For Kai, he’s had a lot of inner conflict. His biggest inner conflict is in whether to be what’s expected of him, or to be himself.

I’m always going to feel like an inner conflict is a vital piece of a character. Whether it’s something major or minor, that inner conflict can develop them so much and make the character seem more fleshed out. As individuals, don’t we all tend to have some sort of inner conflict going on? So shouldn’t our characters be the same in that regard?