Does music have the power to change your mood?

Yes, music sometimes does change my mood but not always. Usually when I want to cheer myself up I’d listen to some happy, upbeat songs and it works but if I’m stressed and want to do the same thing, it wouldn’t work. It really depends on me and if I want to let it change my mood.

• Does music have the power to change your mood?
  • How does music affect you?

Definitely yes! It can make me cry or make me stop crying.

But I never really use that power :sweat_smile: When I’m sad, I listen to sad songs and when I’m happy, I listen to happy songs.

1 Like

I do the exact same thing, because I don’t want to ruin my happy songs by having them remind me of a sad situation if I listen to them when I’m sad.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely. If I’m upset, then listening to music that I like helps boost my mood. Also, certain songs have different memories attached to them, so whenever I hear them, my mood changes depending on what the memory is.

This is still very much true

There are a few songs that I have in my playlists that always make me smile when I listen to them

@Music - what do you think? Can music change your mood?

Music indeed has a strong power to change your mood. If I listen to sad music, i might just tear up a little but the next second l put some party songs it makes me get up and vibe to them.

It definitely has, it can either really cheer me up or make me feel calm or even sad almost. That’s exactly what I love about music, that it can bring across strong emotion.