Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated?

To be honest, I think it simplifies in most situations but in others it complicates life. For instance, we use a card system to pay for almost everything but if that system breaks you have to resort to cash which isn’t something you have on hand most days. Also, when it comes to online ordering the system could glitch which can cause the order to not go through, let someone breach your information, or charge you for more than one order by accident. The good thing about that is the “Cancel Order Button” when that happens. I do feel like we rely too much on technology when it comes to certain everyday things. Don’t get me wrong have a debit card isn’t a bad thing but not having the cash on hand can be an even worse problem. Another good point is that when going to a store that might sell something like a certain item such as a lamp but they just might be out of stock. You can order online for that same item either in-store with an employee or go on your phone to do so.

Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated? What do you think? Know of any absurdities that we use technology for? What are some practical uses that we have the technology for?

@Discussions

3 Likes

Depends on the technology, no?

1 Like

Dependsss

1 Like

Definitely!

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

I think that it tends to simplify a lot of things that would have been super complicated in the past :eyes:

1 Like

True, it does simplify lots of things.

1 Like

It can definitely simplify it, a lot of people (typically older but not always) just over complicate using it.

Closed due to inactivity