Does your mood tend to shift when the season changes?

I’ve noticed that during the winter, when the days become shorter, my overall mood feels less bright than it does during the summer. Where I live, the sun sets at around 4pm and I’m not sure why it affects me so much, but it does :pensive:

I find that I experience better productivity during longer days. When the sun sets too early, the day feels too short and my motivation to do work falls.

I don’t think I have actual Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD aka Seasonal Depression), but I do notice changes to my mood that are directly related to the weather.

here’s an article about it if you’re interested :thinking:

@Discussions

9 Likes

I feel that way almost most of the time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Ouuiii I thought it was me alone :pleading_face:

2 Likes

the only difference is my mood tends to be happier around Sept to Dec times
and neutral Jan to Aug :eyes:

2 Likes

My mood does change very significantly at some points
I absolutely love the winter and snow and am very used to cold weather, so I very energetic this time of year :star_struck::snowflake::cloud_with_snow:
In the summer I tend to be more tired often, but I do love going outside still, butI don’t really love warm weather that much

2 Likes

I like long nights tbh
But idk if it chnages my mood-
MY MOOD IS LITERALLY ALL THE TIME NEUTRAL-

2 Likes

I have heard that people with SAD or MDD are given sunlight therapy where their brain produces serotonin that “excites” and “energizes” them. It’s basically sitting under the sunlight for long times.

2 Likes

The days feel so short during winter I hate it, love the season and weather, I just wish it didn’t feel like it does :dizzy_face::palms_up_together:t3:

2 Likes

Ikrrr :sob: once it gets dark my motivation flies out of the window :grinning:

2 Likes

Nope, I haven’t noticed much of a change, but I am more chill in summer due to having more free time and talking to friends more

I actually like darkness and rain/snow so :star_struck:

2 Likes

Chill like cold doc :weary:

3 Likes

Cold…

2 Likes

We don’t have seasons :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not really, but extremely hot weather makes me more annoyed and irritated.

2 Likes

I like darkness, but it getting dark early always makes me feel like I’m being super unproductive and then I just feel annoyed about that and become more unproductive

1 Like

no. i hate all seasons equally.

1 Like

YES.
I HATE SUMMER :fire::hot_face:

2 Likes

i find myself more happy in colder weather
but i am not sure if that counts as seasonal mood shifts. i just like colder weather

2 Likes

DISGRACE TO NATION :rage::rage::fire:

3 Likes

Lana Del Rey sm Summertime Sadness

3 Likes