Does your music taste change between when you're single and when you're not?

For me it does and it doesn’t, I’m currently in a relationship and the only difference is that songs he introduced me to are on my playlist but those are songs that I’d listen to if he sent me them while we weren’t dating too :joy: when I was younger I couldn’t listen to love songs while single but as I got older I didn’t care.

@Music do you notice any differences?

2 Likes

That :point_up:t4::point_up:t4:

1 Like

I’ve never dated anyone, but if I did probably not. Like I’ll probably like some songs they do but my music taste wouldn’t change.

1 Like

Haven’t been single in a while… Uhm… No? Why would it change? :thinking:

Yeah, a bit. When I’m in a relationship, I’ll connect memories to certain songs. So sometimes it’s too painful to listen to those songs that were special for me during the relationship, and I just don’t enjoy them anymore…

Well, I have no idea of mine changes because I’ve never been in a relationship but I guess it’s similar to when I make new friends? I check out the music they like and if I like it as well, I’ll listen to it more :woman_shrugging::joy:

@Music Any other experiences? Or better theories?

Maybe because the partner a person was with influenced what music they listened to on an “often basis”.

Never been in a relationship before so idk

Yeah, something I’ve also figured out is I listen a lot more to softer and romantic music when I’m in a relationship

Not in a relationship right now, but I do have a crush on this guy, and I’ve starting paying a lot more attention to the type of music he listens to, so I can be “in the loop” and discuss it with him. :yellow_heart: But he also likes music that I like, so there’s that, too.