Does Your Personality Change When Gaming?

So this is an interesting topic. I know a lot of people who change drastically while they game. It can happen very quickly too, they seem like a different person! See, my personality doesn’t change much while gaming these days, and it may even be because my personality has been influenced and informed by the games I play and enjoy. Dark Souls.Bloodborne certainly helped with my patience and with overcoming failure. Kingdom Hearts sure as hell helped me with my perspective on story writing, those games are a mess in terms of structure and flow but dang do those emotional beats hit.

So what about you guys? Do you change while gaming or in the time after you’ve played a game? To what extent?

12 Likes

While gaming, I tend to get very much into the game. Like in stardew valley i started stalking the characters that I wanted to get together with obsessively, whereas I don’t obsess over crushes like that in real life. Also I tend to become a lot more murder-happy in video games, so… let’s hope that’s very different.

2 Likes

I would imagine it is different, games don’t illicit the same empathetic responses that real life situations with real people do. There’s a part of your brain that’s always keenly aware that a game isn’t real and actions don’t really have consequences.

That’s interesting though!

1 Like

I think that gaming helps with your imagination and ability to tell a good story!

2 Likes

When I play any video game I turn into a f-cking monster to be honest, haha. I’m really competitive and hardcore when it comes to it.

4 Likes

I know a lot of people like that :joy:

Hard agree!

2 Likes

Whenever I play video games I tend to get way more aggressive than usual and I turn into a f-king monster. Yelling, Kicking, throwing, fliping shiz, and the occasional swearing

2 Likes

Occasional hard language, wow :eyes:

2 Likes

'cause I’m too scared of my parents to actually cuss in front of them even though they cuss in front of me

2 Likes

I am competitive in any game to ever exist?!

Super Smash Bros?
Peace was never an option.

Detroit: Become Human?
No, you did not have a better play through than me. So what if Simon died? Completely according to plan.

Horse Simulator?
Neigh, neigh, busters. (Translation: Meet me at the nearest Denny’s parkinglot for fisticuffs, mortals)

Animal crossing?!
I WILL CRUCIFY YOU IF YOU SAY YOU HAVE A BETTER TOWN THAN ME—

To name a few samples across different types of games. :slightly_smiling_face:
No, I am not okay.

4 Likes

They don’t cuss :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

They do

1 Like

My mood changes while gaming because I get so braggadocios and arrgoant about winning the game. It is like I’m not the same me but don’t worry though, I try to keep myself calm in order not to annoy my brother :joy:

@SkyWalker

2 Likes

Then you’re not trying hard enough. I’ve played with you before not something I like doing

1 Like

:skull::skull:

When did we ever play a game :joy:

1 Like

2k, the sims

1 Like

Ohh but the sims was because it was stressful creating the characters when we had to keep on re doing them over and over again and when we finally finished we didn’t know how to build the house and then you had to go home the next day and we were anticipating to play the game :joy:

1 Like

Yes but still not fun

1 Like

Really wasn’t my fault

1 Like

I pretty much stay the same if I’m just playing by myself , but I do get a bit more competitive when I’m playing with friends.

When it comes to online gaming though my personality might shift depending on what game I’m playing and who I encounter whilst playing
:thinking: :video_game:

1 Like