Does your school make you download homework apps?

This can be pre-lockdown as well, but does anyone’s school make them download homework apps? My grade nine French teacher made everyone in our class download this app called Remind 101. She’d use it to send our class reminders about tests and assignments.

3 Likes

My school uses canvas, so a lot of people have the app
For a class, I had to download remind me or whatever it’s called
And for that class, they also post stuff on google classroom so I downloaded that

1 Like

We were supposed to download this in 8th grade, but I never did it :joy::no_mouth::rose::two_hearts:

1 Like

Nah, they just send us homework trough google classroom and call it a day :joy:

2 Likes

Yep, and now it keeps messaging me although I don’t even use it :expressionless::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

Same here. I can’t think of a time when we had to download an app, however there are a lot of things (like quizlet or duolingo) which a lot of students downloaded on their phones so that they could do things on their phones.

I would hate having to download an app for class–I’d probably uninstall it as soon as I could. :joy:

3 Likes

Added ‘school’ tag, it was ‘schoo’ before🖤

2 Likes

My old high school used to, if you didn’t have space on your phone they would say “oh just delete your selfies” at the time I had no selfies saved on my phone at all so that used to amuse me. Or “delete other apps” like no I use my phone in my free time and I use those apps do not start trying to control what I do when I’m not in school and just trying to chill and play Idk angry birds or something it was actually episode at the time

They literally got rid of our homework diaries so that we would use those apps. Like yeah save the trees and everything but not everybody could even use the apps :joy:

1 Like

My school also uses Canvas, so that’s were we get most of the information and hand in assignments but we used that before the lockdown. Then we had to download Zoom and some pdf scanner, but that’s about it :dizzy:

3 Likes

I didn’t have to download homework apps, but I had to download 4 other apps because the professors can’t decide on one. Why’s it so hard to decide between classroom, Skype, zoom and kahoot?

1 Like

We never had to do that, fortunately. Also, @anon68003072, that’s so cruel. Like a month ago, I still had my old phone. Only two apps, and some photos. And I had a huge problem even using it, since a window popped up every 2 seconds either reminding me that I have no storage left, or that some apps had closed due to the overloaded system. One of the 2 apps I had was Viber (it’s smth like messenger, just not so popular in other countries, while in Greece everyone has it). Either I had to pay to send an SMS, or I could easily and freely send it via viber. What? So I would need to delete it? Can’t they think that, maybe, just maybe, someone had no choice?

4 Likes

I did have to download apps for a class one time, which was annoying. The apps had some specific functionalities that the teacher wanted us to have, but I don’t like downloading unnecessary stuff onto my phone or computer.

For online class, I had to download Zoom and Google Classroom (though Zoom was only even used once so that was not too useful). One teacher also made me download TikTok, which unfortunately never worked out for me because for some reason it won’t let me in so I just used my normal camera.

I had to download Kahoot and Edmodo for some of my classes back in high school. Right now, I mostly use Google Classroom, Google Meet, and Zoom for online class.

I also use other apps such as Quizlet, Photomath, CamScanner, and Socratic to help me with studying.