💎 Dorian writing partner 💎

Greeting mortals,

Right, so I’ve struggled to start a Dorian story for a while now, and the platform looks really cool. Figured that a collab might be the best way to go since I can come up with ideas like crazy, but usually with the direction from another user.

If anyone wants to work together, that would be awesome! I have a few plots in mind but is also open to anything ~

2 Likes

I mean, if I had time then I’d be down. (wink)

1 Like

'Suppose it doesn’t even have to be the actual Dorian thing. I honestly just need a decent short story plot

1 Like

I’m always down to help too!

2 Likes

I did not know you had Dorian. What’s your username?

2 Likes

What do you think lol.
Meekepeek/meeke

I only have one story so far with 3 episodes

2 Likes

Just got back from reading your content. I guess mystery might be a theme I could throw in. On that note, are you sure helping me with a story won’t get in the way of completing yours?

2 Likes

Nah, I’m working on episode 4 rn and it’s just going to be a lot of work getting all the routes right because at some point I will have 18 branches or so wich will last about 80% of the story…

So a change if story might actually help.

2 Likes

I’m always here to listen and discuss plots.

2 Likes

What’s yours, sir?

2 Likes

Well dang, you’re really getting into intricate content. I could never imagine something as complicated as eighteen endings, and certainly not for the majority. Either way, good luck on that. (Also, Rachel looked just like my character so that was kinda creepy)

The type of story I was going for was going to be a bit more on the fantasy side, less college days content because that’s all I really see on platforms like this.

1 Like

not 18 endings, they come together again and end with just 3.

2 Likes

lol
at least it works to be twins then.

2 Likes

fair enough but know that a lot of the fantasy stuff is limited.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how turning this into a plot discussion could mess with the on-topic part of the rules, but I did make the thread, so should be fine.

The rough outline has something to do with guardian angels being a real thing. Humans live their whole lives oblivious of the two worlds they face upon death. In that sense, demons and angels are just the inhabitants of both respective places, though anyone can choose to be reborn when they’re finished. Memories are wiped and everything. Some angels stay above to watch over a few people.

Thousands of years ago, there was that above versus below war where the angels won and coalesced their powers into making a barrier to keep all the demons trapped below. Prior to that, the demons would just escape and steal the soul from another human. Now, the system is much more secure, except the spell holding the below closed is slowly cracking apart. Enough so where a few demons are able to escape. The thing is, the original angel that cast the spell are kinda lost to the reincarnation cycle, so it’s sorta this hassle to figure out where the soul went.

(This is where the story would start)

Of course, the main character is that lost soul but just doesn’t realise it yet since they don’t keep their memories. It’s just everyday life hanging out with their friends when a hoard of demons attack. For random people, it’s gonna be pretty terrifying to see these strange individual pop and try to steal your soul. That’s when the MC’s subconscious kicks in, and they manage to ward off the creatures as well as have some sort of flashback sequence/snippet of the war. Afterwards, with their acquaintances, they try to make sense of what just happened. What they don’t know is that one of MC’s friends was unfortunately snatched by a demon, and was swapped out.

That action is powerful enough to catch the attention of the above, so angels do arrive to try to persuade MC to come back with them. Takes a bit because they have to pinpoint the demon attack and because the above is very far from the middle plain. Once the angels meet MC, it would seem simple from there. MC just has to recall the spell and everything will be fine.

And that’s the thing. The spell can technically also be reversed, which would be awesome for the below. The demon hiding as MC’s friend strikes then, pulling both of them below before the angels can get anything.

During the fall, MC’s powers/memories kick in again, and they manage to lodge free, landing somewhere quite far away. Since everyone kinda looks the same, they’re able to blend in, but now it’s a matter of finding their friend and getting the heck out of there. That’s where they learn that there is a deeper ploy going on because souls in the below actually don’t have access to starting over. When they fade away, it’s over and a completely new soul will return. Even then, the criteria for going above or below seems flawed with each demon the MC interacts with.

Eventually, they find their friend and both escape to the middle plain through one of those barrier cracks. The angels find them again, but now MC isn’t so sure that the spell should be used immediately, or at least there should be more investigation. Maybe thousands of years ago, the ordering system was perfectly fine, but something has happened since. It’s like something messed with the system to try to preserve only a certain type of people by only allowing them access above.

That’s all I’m writing for now because it would probably take another few hours for me to write everything else and even then, I’m not even sure this is a good idea. All of it possible to animate in Dorian if that’s the question. All the backgrounds are good, I checked.

2 Likes

The story sounds rad! I’d help, but I’m not that good at writing fantasy :eyes::sweat_smile:
But if you ever need help, feel free to message me :eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

Added some tags.

1 Like

Would you rather I stick with a realistic fiction transcript if you were to help? There are other plots as well

1 Like

Nah, your idea sounds rad and I don’t want you to have to change it to a different one just because I’m bad at writing fantasy :eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

In that case, I’m wondering what counts for an interesting plot that stays only in the bounds of realistic fiction. Dorian only really has scenes for cafes and schools so I’m worried it’s going to end up a cliche plot.