English Language, Literature and EFL Help

As some of you probably already know, I’m an English Language and Literature tutor here in the UK. I tutor anyone under the age of 19 basically. As well as that, I’m fully qualified to teach people English as a Foreign or Second Language.

So if you have any questions for your homework, please feel free to ask me! I’m thinking of opening up a paid essay marking service, but this is the best I can do for now!

If you want to ask me questions about a particular book or poem, please list the text and the name of the author. If you can, an extract from the part of the text that’s confusing you would be very helpful!

17 Likes

Bump because tutor bosslady

2 Likes

bump, because Shannii is an intellectual.

3 Likes

Bump for anyone who needs help!

1 Like

Lil bump cuz SOMEONE has to askssksksksksk

1 Like

Do you do Advanced Placement English as well?

2 Likes

I’m assuming so. I don’t know because we don’t have the advanced placement programme in the uk, but I studied English at university, so

4 Likes

Oh, advanced placement is a fancy word for university-level. Sometimes Americans are odd

2 Likes

I dunno if it would be the same, as we don’t have majors and minors in the same way you do at university. We don’t really have 101 classes, either. You’re supposed to be expected to know the basics before you start university

1 Like

Oh, so is your final year in high school spent preparing for university?

Bump!

1 Like

I didn’t see this! Yes and no. We have to split the year between finishing our A-levels and getting into university. The catch? Well, you need to do aptitude tests and interviews and UCAS, which takes time away from A-levels. However, if you do badly in those exams, you could lose your university places

2 Likes

Ohh, ok… school in the UK seems more difficult.

1 Like

Bump

I am still an English tutor! I may come in handy during this lockdown @HomeworkHelp

3 Likes

Yes, yes, I’m here too. (raises hand) Except that I’ll probably just make silly jokes and try to ease any stress users are having.

2 Likes

Hey, everyone in the @HomeworkHelp tag, remember that if you need any help as it is nearing the end of the year for many, we have this thread too. Don’t be shy to ask, we’re always here to offer a hand. (wink)

3 Likes

I think maybe you can create an anonymous form?

1 Like

An anonymous homework help form? That could work!

1 Like

Added a languages tag

1 Like