Episode: Good Stories with PoC Main Characters

Hi all!

So, in light of the success of the Good Stories That Don’t Use Gems thread, I thought that we could do the same with Episode Stories in which the main character (MC) is a Person of Colour (PoC).

This thread is a wiki, which means that everyone who is trust level 1 or above will be able to add to it and include their favourite stories. Please feel free to add as many as you like! Just make sure to take it in turns!

Rules
  • Do not recommend your own stories – we have a whole section dedicated to promoting your own stories! #share:promote-your-story I understand that we want to promote our own stuff, but this thread is here to help and support each other! Please respect that and keep your posts to your favourite stories other people have written. Bear in mind: I will be able to see who comments what, so I will delete any self-promoted stories.
  • Only Promote Good Quality Stories – I’ve seen this debate first-hand, but this thread isn’t for supporting all of your friends. As nice as that might be, we need to make sure that all of the stories on here have good directing and scripting to keep up the standard so that people continue to trust our recommendations. As such, we will be deleting stories if we find that they huge directing, scripting or spelling and grammar issues.
  • Keep it PG13 – Episode is a PG13 app and we want to stick to their rules. Plus, we have a whole Patreon exclusive Restricted Section where you can promote mature stories!
  • Keep the format the same – We’d like the title of the story, a few words on what makes this story special, and the link to the story. Please also collapse these by clicking “Settings” then “Hide Details”. Make sure to add the stories to the right genre, too! This will stop the page from getting too cluttered.
  • Add the link to the story — We want to make this as easy as possible for people to find the stories they want to read. Please, please add a link. If you don’t @ChaoticDeluge or I will have to go around adding them in after. 100 links to find is no fun for us!
  • Only One Person Editing At A Time – It should tell you when you open the editor how many people are editing. PLEASE DON’T EDIT IF SOMEONE ELSE IS EDITING . They’ll lose their stuff.

Please recommend your favourite Episode stories in the relevant genres below!

Action

[Replace this with recommendations. Please remember to collapse them using “Hide Details” to save space!]

Adventure

[Replace this with recommendations. Please remember to collapse them using “Hide Details” to save space!]

Comedy

Drama

Reputation by Mira Mira

The main character of the story is Mia ‘Silver’ Rivera, a Latinx upcoming actress. Although you can customize Mia, she is canonically Colombian.
Episode Writer Portal

Instant Princess by Elle Badu

You will play as Leona Gibbs, an African-American college student who discovers that her grandmother is the queen of Ghamali. Only limited customization is available; Leona is dark-skinned, and her skin tone is not customizable.
(Link unavailable because the author deactivated her Instagram, but if you search Instant Princess on the app, the story will appear.)

Fantasy

Horror

Mystery

Romance

Sci-Fi

Thriller

Please feel free to add any genres I missed!

For more Episode Recommendations, check out the Episode Recommendation Wikis Contents Thread!

7 Likes

@Discussions

3 Likes

Contributing to the Wiki threads are a great way to help the Forums and your favourite authors at the same time!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I will drop some stories later! :grin::new_moon::dizzy::black_heart:

2 Likes

@ShanniiWrites I think you forgot to add the rules and make it a wiki? Or is it a glitch for me?

1 Like

Oops xD Too many things going on in my head! Thanks for letting me now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

okay anyone editing right now, I wanna add mine to fantasy

2 Likes

Feel free!

1 Like

I’m having trouble getting the links to someone else’s story. For example, with mine, I paste it directly from the portal. If the user has Instagram, I copy it from their linktree or carrd. But if the user doesn’t have Instagram, where can I find the link to their story?

1 Like

I don’t think you can find it from the app :thinking::sweat_smile:
If there is any way you can contact the author, you can ask them for the link?

Can you not? I used to be able to! I think there’s a share button, right?

@novella you linked something recently! How did you do it? :eyes:

1 Like

When you open the story there’s the ‘…’ icon and then there’s the option to share it, but you can’t just get the link. I selected to send it as a message and it opened a pre-written message saying something like ‘I’m reading X story on episode, read it too (link here)’ and had to copy the link from there.

Maybe there’s a way to get the link directly, but that’s how I was doing it!

1 Like

Thank you! :heart:

@anon80318563 :eyes:

2 Likes

@line123462, I believe that Magicka: Ethereal was a story that you wrote or are currently still working on. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to ask that the story be removed from the wiki as self-promotion is not allowed in this thread. The goal of this thread is to help promote good stories by other authors, although you are free to promote your own story in other places.

Thanks! I’ll try it on my tablet because it isn’t working on my phone. :disappointed:

Added the wiki tag!

@Episodians can someone add Detenu please? Or am I making that up and it’s actually complete CC?

1 Like

Added tags :innocent:

Closed due to inactivity.