Episode Portal Features you may not Have Known

After writing on Episode for a couple years I never knew about these, until a couple months ago. I assume some others don’t- So I made a thread- :eyes:

Ik my screenshots are bad :nail_care:

1. Animation Catalog

If you open one of your stories episodes, on the right side of your screen you’ll see this, like always.

But did you ever click this? :eyes: Waow a link to your own animation catalog. :exploding_head:

#1 Did you know about this?
  • Yeee :eyes:
  • No wowowowo
  • I’ve seen it but didn’t know what it was

0 voters

2. Add Animations.

Same as the other, on the right side of your screen, scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find a button named “Add Animations.”

What happens when you press it?

It will fill all character dialog that has no animations.

EX:

YOU

Wow! Jessica is so smort!

After clicking the button, it would add an animation.

EX:

YOU (talk_excited_happy)

Wow! Jessica is so smort!

#2 Did you know about this?
  • Yeee
  • Noo :exploding_head:
  • I’ve seen it but didn’t know what it was

0 voters

Well that’s all I know of rn lmao, if you have any feel free to share and I’ll add it- :eyes:

@Episodians

4 Likes

I’ve used this a few times but never really understood how it works :sweat_smile: I wonder how it chooses what animation to add!

2 Likes

I found out the last one about a year ago.

1 Like

I’ve known about those features since back in 2018 in when I started writing and exploring everything on the portal :joy: but I never really was fond of it and I just liked opening more than one tab for different purposes :raising_hand_woman:t5:
But it’s good for people who are now starting out so I guess they put that feature there to make it easier.

2 Likes

Everyone probably knows this by now but imma point it out anyway… so some of the backgrounds go further than four zones, and some of the backgrounds are technically like 2 zones or 3 zones but they have a little bit more space in the background, so it takes up more like 3.2 zones…
If you say “cut to zone 5” on a background that is not five zones you’ll have an error but there is one background I know of that is 5 zones that will work with that coding and I only realized this a few months ago when I was trying to use a section of that background but when I zoomed out I realized there were more than four zones.

Did you know this?
  • Yep
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

When I first started out I noticed the add animations thing but found it impractical and I choose to use my own animations that I pick out, even though that can be a pain. It might be good to use for background characters, but I like to be concise with them too.

1 Like

What’s the main character button in the “Characters” menu for?

1 Like

I don’t know, I’ve tried it and assumed it didn’t work.

1 Like

Did you guys know that if you go to the outfits search bar and you want a certain character to wear the outfit (instead of episode choosing a random one) you can like put their name in it and boom the character will automatically be wearing it. I think you can also select a character, hit save and that works too.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Oh.

Closed due to inactivity